New LG C3PUA TV and Tablo connection?

Hi, So we just bought this TV and apparently my Tablo QUAD HDMI isn’t supported in the App Store? Do I need to buy a Roku device? What else can I do? thanks for any help!!!

I don’t think you need an app with the HDMI , because it is connected to your tv.

I have the LG C1PUA 70" OLED and there is a Tablo app in the LG store which works with my TV. Thinking yours would be very similar, just 2 years newer. I also use ROKU and FireTV for different purposes and all work well.
I actually have the legacy network Tablo quad, but don’t think that should make a difference.

Oops, I have a Tablo QUAD Over-The-Air [OTA] DVR, mainly so I can watch on all our tvs. It works fine on our older LG 2018 and our Samsung but I can’t find a way to connect this new TV. Tablo is not listed in the App store, nor does it turn up on any searches.

1 Like

Maybe the LG WebOS for your new TV does not support the LG Tablo app I have on my LG. Here’s what I found online:

"If you have an LG Smart TV running webOS 2.0 or 3.0, you can download the Tablo app from the LG Store and enjoy live and recorded Over-the-Air TV on your big screen without the need for an HDMI streaming device. The app is optimized for use with your existing LG Smart TV remote, which means you can easily jump between live and recorded content from Tablo and other streaming apps you may have installed.
Please note that the app on LG Smart TVs is no longer being updated 1. If you have a newer version of webOS, you may not be able to download the app. However, there is a native Tablo app for select LG Smart TVs running webOS 3.0+

If this is the case it is very cheap and easy to set up a Roku or FireTV device on your TV.

1 Like

So what kind of Roku device would work best for this? Would a stick work?

If you have the Quad HDMI, there’s no need to buy a Roku. Just plug your Tablo DVR in one of the HDMI port on your TV and switch the input on your TV to this HDMI port.

[sgnadeau, my tablo has no hdmi outlet…only a usb.

He apparently has the network DVR. The Roku or FireTV stick will work. The best connection is ethernet, which most sticks don’t have, but if you have strong wifi at the location, the sticks will work fine.

1 Like

I only mentioned the Quad HDMI because that’s what you said you had in your original post.

Yep, you are right. I was mistaken…new-ish user error. So sorry!!!

I just bought a Roku Express 4K+. Hoping that will do the trick so we can watch our OTA shows on our new TV.