New firmware update stuck

I received notice on my screen that the latest Tablo update was available, so I clicked “update”. That was over an hour ago and it still has not gone out of update mode. My Internet is fully functional at 100mbps download so that’s not the issue. I’ve never had an issue doing an update before. It states DO NOT reset or reboot the Tablo but I’m at a bit of a loss as to an alternative.

Correct, don’t reset nor reboot your Tablo while it’s performing a firmware update.
Try connecting to your Tablo from a different device.

For example, if you’re using the Roku Tablo app to perform the update, then use a second Roku, if you have one, or your computer to connect to your Tablo to see its progress.

On your computer, connect to your Tablo using a web browser using this web address:
my.tablotv.com

If it’s a computer web browser that you’re performing the Tablo update on already, then open a second web browser tab, or window, and connect to my.tablotv.com again to see what’s going on.

One of my Tablos did the same thing. It was stuck on step 1 of 3 and the progress bar showed zero progress. I pressed and quickly released the reset button on the back of the Tablo. Once it had rebooted, I again pressed update and this time it immediately started the update and the progress bar started advancing.

I would not have pressed the reset button if the progress bar showed any progress, but since it showed no progress, I took a chance and it worked for me.

Proceed at your own risk.

It’s very rare that you’ll get stuck at 0% but if you do, it is indeed safe to reboot your Tablo.

You just don’t want to do that if it’s in the middle of the process!

I started my firmware upgrade at 20180209-1910. It is now 20180210-0735, and more than 12 hours after I started the upgrade, my Tablo still says the same thing:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Updating Tablo
O
Step 1 of 3: Downloading
Do not unplug or reboot your Tablo while the update is in progress.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is no % being displayed.
How do I know if it is safe to reset?
How much longer will the update take?
I didn’t think the upgrade would take more than an hour. I’ve now missed recording several shows, and I’m continuing to miss shows.

When I connect from my PC browser, I see:

There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication or internet connectivity issues.

What do I do now?

@TabloTV stated above that if the update is stuck at 0% then it’s safe to reboot your Tablo.
Briefly press the reset button on the back of your Tablo.