NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.14

Was just uploaded with 2.2.13. Has been working fine for 5 months since I bought it. Now only works with computer and Android tablet and very intermittently will not connect with TV (Via Chromecast 2)

Hey folks -

Apologies for last nightā€™s confusion.

There was an error in our staging server which did erroneously release a different firmware than intended to users. The rollout of firmware 2.2.13 has been stopped and the rollout of 2.2.14 will continue as planned.

The good news is that the 2.2.13 release that was distributed has been in use for some time and does provide a handful of the key fixes that are included in the 2.2.14 load including:

ā€¢ Fix for auto-delete to reduce minimum free space on smaller disk sizes
ā€¢ Fix for streaming live TV without a hard drive
ā€¢ Fix for playback of recordings on LG Smart TVs

If you have updated to 2.2.13, you shouldnā€™t see any changes outside of those above. You will be offered 2.2.14 in the coming days as part of the regularly planned staged rollout.

If you are seeing any issues on the 2.2.13 load, please let us know by placing a ticket with support.

3 Likes

I appreciate that this firmware update is focused on fixing bugs, stability, performance, reliability instead of new features.

4 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m not seeing the notice anymoreā€¦ Canā€™t wait for the 2.2.14 official releaseā€¦

1 Like

Just uploaded the 2.2.14 after the 2.2.13 incident and am still having an issue with live playback. On my iPhone I get a playback error message and then the light on the Tablo flickers.

Today is the first time Iā€™ve been able to test v2.2.14 away from home base. Iā€™m using latest iOS app on iPad Pro 12". Operation of Live Channels and various recordings was flawless. No pixelation or stuttering of any kind.

Thank you Tablo!

1 Like

Hi all you brilliant Guys & Gals,

My Tablo worked fine for years, always a bit buggy but worked OK.
Just got the latest 04/2017 firmware update and everything hit the fan.

Symptom:
Boot up a recorded show on an android tablet / go to cast it to the TV with Chromecast / TV switches (as usual) from the google slide show to the TABLO logo like itā€™s about to play the recording and it halts right there .
During this ā€œstopā€ there is nothing I can do to advance the show. None of the play controls on the Tablo interface will function (play, jump ahead or jump back).

As seen from the tablet: recorded show halts at the very beginning of the show.
Disconnecting the TVā€™s chromecast from casting , restores the program to play on the Tablet.

Itā€™s not a crash of the chromecast, tablet or the Tablo unit.
Rebooted all chromecasts, tablets, Tablo and router. No difference.
Latest chromecast ā€œHomeā€ App
Latest Tablo Android App

Does it happen consistently?
One in about 20 tries on ANY system, it will cast correctly.

It simply seems to reach a ā€œhard stopā€ as soon as the casting is ready to begin.
A recorded program will play fine on the tablet. You just canā€™t cast it.
My network seems just fine.
I have three Samsung 4 Core Galaxy Tab A, Lenovo 4 core Tablet, three TVs and 3 Chromecasts.
All do the same thing. It seems not to depend on the hardware used.

Iā€™m now in ā€œNO Tabloā€ & TV HELL.

Would appreciate help, although it seems like it was the firmware update.

Bob

How long can We expect for a rollout to take?

Itā€™s usually between a week and 1.5 weeks. Weā€™re aiming to get this new firmware to everyone by the end of the week but we may have to save a few stragglers for next Monday/Tuesday.

All of a sudden, I got a pop-up upon startupā€¦ System Update available, want to do it NOW or Laterā€¦ I opted for Later, thinking I would be able to Start the update Later.

Do I wait for Tablo to contact me again or what??

I also presume that while the Update is in progress, all scheduled recordings will be ignored (lost)??

I would like to control WHEN the update is started so as to make sure I will NOT be losing WANTED recordingsā€¦ Possible to do that?

Thank you.

@Lyddon - It will prompt you again in the coming days Check out the tips & tricks on the Knowledge Base for more details: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/201457889-Tablo-DVR-Firmware-Update-Tips-Tricks

Thatā€™s an interesting article but probably not completely correct. For a number of releases it appears that every app, including Roku, will prompt for the update every time you connect to the tablo.

And if you defer to later, the WEB UI has a new button appear toward the bottom of the settings page that can be clicked on to start the update.

2 Likes

My Tablo was unusable with 2.2.12 update so they rolled me back to 2.2.10 and for the most part it worksā€¦I have to reboot the Tablo about twice a week but at least I can use it. I was excited to see the update but after reading some of these posts I plan on avoiding it for a while. I wish there was a way a user could roll back their firmware without waiting on support to do it. That way if it bombs at least I could immediately roll it backā€¦

That was the same experience I had Bill_Clinton. I will be waiting several weeks to go from 2.2.10 to 2.2.14 until I see that there are no usability issues. Tablo support did roll me back from 2.2.12 to 2.2.10 fairly quickly but Iā€™d rather just ensure that I have a smooth upgrade this time around.

What about app updates? The LG WebOS app needs a lot of fixes as well.

Based on my last experience with 2.2.12 and having to have it rolled back. Iā€™m not going to 2.2.14 anytime soon. The tablo kind of works ok with 2.2.10 but it is testing my relationship with my wife due to the flakiness when using the LG WebOS app and the 2.2.10 release.

I will say this, the Tablo is best used as a DVR. For watching live TV it pretty much sucks but I have my antenna plugged in to it, so thats what I use. This is where I see and experience the most problems, watching live TV. And no Iā€™m not teeing off the antenna into the LG TV directly because we want to pause and rewind live TV when we watch it.

Just completed upgrade. Everything seems to work OK.

Completed to .14
Guide loads faster and populates info quickly
I hope all is well with others

1 Like

Did the upgrade, now I cannot connect to my tablo. Iā€™ve done a reset, Iā€™ve tried re-doing wireless setup. It just refuses to connect. Iā€™m really wishing I had not let it upgrade.

Same here, I allowed the update yesterday, now all it does is sit and blink. Iā€™ve rebooted several times (plugging and re-plugging, fast press on reset button) but nothing, just blinking. Itā€™s been working okay for a long time and now I donā€™t remember all the steps I need to do.

Iā€™ve gone through all the steps, no joy