NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

If you would like to see my logs as well, can you access my TABLO in normal mode with only remote viewing enabled or do I need to set it to “heartbeat” mode? Thanks.

Same problem for me, after the latest update.
I just received the unit yeasterday. I have been struggling with it since I installed it.

I started looking on amazon for the TIVO OTA…that’s how frustrating this is right now!!!

@TabloTv @TabloSupport I reported my issues and we did a downgrade to 2.2.10 that has fixed those issues. My concern is that (1) your tech could not see a problem in my logs and (2) we didn’t stay on 2.2.12 to try and figure out what the issue was.

The wife is happy things work again but as a beta tester I’d rather see these things fixed instead of just downgrading.

@huckabeec We always grab logs when we find issues in the field - this way we can move to solve your problem ASAP, but we can also pass along the details to our engineering team for analysis. Then we can work to solve this in-house, so that you’re not kept waiting :slight_smile:

I have the exact same problem.

I am using Tablo2go.py v2.0.56.

I had to modify the function (def get_list(IPADDR)) and it started working with Table 2.2.12.

if string.find(line, '<tr class="d"><td class="n"><a href="') == 0:
            line = string.splitfields(line, '<tr class="d"><td class="n"><a href="')[1]

The old line will just have

instead of . Since its looking for the wrong string, it never finds the links that have video

#################################################################################################

Function to get a list of video id’s from a tablo - use pvr directory to get ids

This will retrieve the list of video ids by parsing the directory names

Version 2.0 - Format changed, returns a simple list of ints.

def get_list(IPADDR):
results = []
try:
resp = urllib.urlopen(‘http://’+IPADDR+’:18080/pvr’).read()
resp = string.splitfields(resp, ‘\n’)
for line in resp:
if string.find(line, ‘

<a href="’) == 0:
line = string.splitfields(line, ‘<a href="’)[1]
if line[0] != ‘.’:
line = eval(string.splitfields(line, ‘/’)[0])
results.append(line)
results.sort()
except KeyboardInterrupt:
debug(‘Exiting during Tablo listing’)
sys.exit()
except:
debug(‘FAIL: Unable to download file list’,str(IPADDR))
return results

First response the browser using the xml as formatting. adding undelines to make it visible.

the old script is looking for <t_r>, but the script is looking for <t_r c_l_a_s_s=d>

Unfortunately I had to go back to .12 - the wife had recorded several shows while it was running .12 which wouldn’t play with .10 installed. Things recorded under .10 play just fine under .12.

So while I’m happy to see the new ATV app beta, I hope the next firmware beta isn’t too far behind.

Is there any update on when the next version is going to be released? I was reverted to 2.2.10 and have been ignoring the 2.2.12 update message for the past month, but that is getting to be annoying at this point. Is the next update that fixes the issues caused in 2.2.12 going to be release anytime soon?

2 Likes

Since there is nothing (firmware) in beta right now it’ll be awhile. They usually do a month or two beta before a release.

I’m a little surprised that they would leave version 2.2.12 out there with the issues that it had. At least for me it made my Tablo completely unusable.

1 Like

Always a possibility the issue you have will be fixed in a client update.

@fstbck6706 We hope to rev things soon - but no dates just yet. What issues have you been having? We’d be happy to help!

I had the issue many others appeared to have where the channel would play for 1-5 minutes and would then lose connection and I was forced to close and open the application again. I was told by the support rep that this was caused because I did not have a external hard drive plugged into my Tablo, I’m still not sure why that would prevent me from watching live.

Upon reversion to 2.2.10 the problem was instantly fixed. My biggest complaint at this point is that every time I or anyone else in the house opens the Tablo application they are asked to upgrade to 2.2.12 which I do not want to do as it did not work.

I have an iPad Pro that I got for Christmas and I have not been able to connect it to Tablo ever since. I have firmware 2.2.12 and the latest Tablo app from the App Store. Any idea what could be going on? My iPhone and my older iPads have no issue connecting but they have been connected for quite a while. I think my issue is that this is a clean install on a new iPad.

Which iPad Pro? Model number?

I got an iPad Air 2 (yes, no Pro) that I did a clean install of iOS 10.2 on (aka restore function in iTunes) and it connected to the Tablo fine.

Have you tried rebooting your router, waiting 2 minutes, then rebooting your Tablo?

Yes.

MLMV2LL/A

Also, I get this error or the app crashes.

I’ve had this happen once before to me.

Are you using any fancy networking equipment? Such as a switch or WiFi repeater? VPN service?

I have an eero that has my wireless devices on it, connected too a Google Fiber box with wireless turned off. The Tablo is connected to the Google Fiber box and it receives its ip (192.188.1.x) from it. All wireless devices get IP from the eero (192.168.7.x). The eero has port forwarding to the Tablo with port TCP/UDP 8080 open.

I have 2 iPhones and 2 other iPads that work fine with this setup.

Richard

Every new device first needs to be paired with Tablo before it will work on a different network than it is on. You could let the Tablo be wireless and get tit paired, then connect it back up directly. Or you can get a wireless access point or a router that has wifi, and connect it to the Google router. Then everything would be on the same network.

I paired my Nexus 9 when it was new last year using Wifi at home, but I have my router, which provides my Wifi connected to my cable modem, so everything was on the same network.