NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

I have the EXACT same issue. It is extremely frustrating and has made my device completely worthless until it is fixed.

LORD! Did you NOT read what Tablo Support posted 60 minutes before your post!

I did read it. And submitted a ticket yesterday. They have not replied back to my ticket yet. I’m merely commenting on Pethos’ comment stating that I have the same issue as Pethos.

Is anyone else here experiencing serious issues since 2.2.12?

I first got the 4 tuner Tablo when the Apple TV 4 app came out, and I’ve been on 2.2.10 since. The only issue I’ve had with 2.2.10 is the “weak signal” issue where the Tablo would occasionally reboot. I upgraded to 2.2.12 after reading some posters claimed it fixed the issue.

Now there’s all sorts of issues. Randomly, channels that used to come in crystal clear now have serious pixelation and get stuck in a loop. After a few seconds of this, I get booted back to the guide. Often after this, the Tablo will reboot itself, disconnecting from the devices. This usually results in getting “a network error occurred” message when I try to reconnect to the Tablo via my ATV4s. I’m still able to connect with other devices such as my iPhone or iPad, but the pixelation/loop/kick back to guide issue remains on the channel for an undetermined amount of time. Could be 20 min or over an hour before i can access the Tablo again on my ATV4. One time when this occurred, I was recording on 3 channels and tried to acces a 4th channel with my iPhone and got a message stating no tuners were available.

I requested a downgrade to 2.2.10 and support reverted my unit (I saw the version # in settings), but I still experienced the network error at times for no apparent reason. However, when I looked today it showed my unit as 2.2.12 , and the same issues started yet again. I’m pretty sure no one in the household hit the upgrade button since we were all aware of the issues.

No amount of rebooting, cycling or deleting apps have resolved these issues. In fact, after deleting the app on one Apple TV I’m stuck with a blank null app which I can’t get rid of or reinstall.

These issues render the Tablo virtually useless. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

@TBC007 Are you still in touch with our support team? Let them know the Tablo is acting up again.

And just to echo you here - is anyone seeing similar issues?

Yup, and I reported it twice during the betas.
https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-beta-2-2-11/8284/362
https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-beta-2-2-11/8284/374

Yes I sent emails over the weekend and set my Tablo to remote access again, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Hopefully you guys can sort this out. Love Tablo when it works, but stability issues are ruining it.

@TabloSupport My recording of Wonder Woman didn’t record the whole thing. I just called and will put it in remote tonight and send email.

Yes. I am seeing similar issues. Waiting for a reply to my ticket still.

Rarely, but I have seen the weak signal/reboot issue as well. First time I saw this was tuning to a station I have set up on TAblo that no longer broadcasts… when I tuned to that channel, Tablo rebooted. I’ve since removed that channel from my lineup.

Next time I saw it was Friday night. had 4 channels being recorded in the 8-9PM time period, all on channels with nice, strong signals. At the time, I was watching one of the channels being recorded. At approximately 9PM, the channel I was watching kicked me back to the live TV guide (I had properly selected the channel to watch it live by selecting the channel, not the show) so I went into my recorded shows so I could catch the end of the show, and when I did, Tablo rebooted. All the shows I had being recorded at 9PM showed 2 recordings, one last one minute and the second lasting the rest of the 1 hour duration of the show, tho none of the initial recordings for each show had anything watchable, but on at least one of the recordings, it indicated a weak signal.

Support,

I noticed there was an update and tested it today. Tablo doesn’t crash anymore but now it doesn’t play live broadcast correctly either.

Every time I select a channel and connect to chromecast it starts at the beginning of the the time when I first connect to that channel.
For example. I connected to channel 13 news at 5pm and watched it on my tablet for a few minutes. Then I connected to chromecast and it started at the same point where I started watching on the tablet. It was behind 3-5 minutes. So I switched back to the tablet and the program was live again. I switched back to chrome and noticed the program started over and now it was 10-15 minutes behind. Then I connected to another channel, channel 2 and the time matched the broadcast. I switched back to channel 13 and it started over at the same point when I connected the first time. Now it was 20 minutes behind. I switched back to channel 2 and it started over where it was when I first connected and now it was 5 minutes behind too.

Its as if a cache isn’t being cleared and I cant watch live tv “live” and there is no way to reset it. Once its stuck it always starts at the same point. Are you aware of and working on this problem too?

BTW I uninstalled / reinstalled Tablo and cleared the cache and memory. This does not fix the problem.

Rudy

After updating yesterday afternoon, I can no longer watch live TV or view recordings made after the update (I waited until yesterday - Sunday). I’ve rebooted my modem, router, and Tablo multiple times. Just posting here looking to see if others have found a fix that I can apply. Thanks.

Edit - I forgot to say I also submitted a ticket. Was just posting here too in case somebody else had a fix.

Edit 2 - Well, I figured out my own problem. I was using beta.tablotv.com in my browser instead of my.tablotv.com. I’ve used the beta version for close to a year because the other gave me a problem so Support suggested that one. I guess the most recent update doesn’t play with the beta site. But my.tablotv.com works just fine - looks different though. I wanted to put this here in case anybody else was having the same issue.

I also seem to be having similar errors to what others have posted. I have also submitted a ticket but wanted to post here in case others have a similar issue or solution:

Ever since I updated, I’ve been having problems. I can watch TV for 5-10 minute increments before I get a buffering issue and it just hangs. When I go back to the guide and then try to choose the same station (or another station), I get either the:

1. Playback Error. Your tuner has been reassigned or you device has temporarily lost connection with your Tablo.
    or
  2. Playback Error: No Hard Drive connected

I have not yet ever connected a hard drive since i purchased it. For the last month I have just used the tablo to stream live tv to the TVs in my house as I really only use to watch live sports. This is happening on both my Amazon FireTV and Roku 3. Both have all updates installed. Also the blue light on the Tablo now flickers constantly where before the update it seemed to just be a solid light.

I have done all steps in the troubleshooting: Reboot Tablo, Power cycle it off, Reboot Router, delete and reinstall apps

1 Like

A few things:

• Live seeking is not currently supported for Tablo streams on Chromecast
  • If you’re having issues of any kind, send us a ticket
  • We apologize or the extended wait times, we had some catching up to do from the weekend, but we’re just about back on track now

Hi fstbck6706,

So after connecting a hard drive I have not experienced any of these issues going forward. I think that it is now required to have a hard drive installed. At least that was the issue I’ve discovered.

Thanks,
Peter

1 Like

Right after 2.2.12 was released I loaded it in my quad TABLO; reset it to Factory-fresh startup; cleared the partition on my 5tb USB HD; and basically started over with a “virgin” setup. Recording quality set at max setting. The system seems to have been working OK except the TABLO became unreachable on the Network (wired) twice, and so far I have had to power-cycle the unit to get it working properly again each time it locked up.

I will keep monitoring it. If the TABLO Techs want to review my TABLO logs let me know and I will enable remote access mode.

Ah-ha! I’ve been having those same issues since the update making it virtually unusable. Never had a hard drive attached and was starting to consider that, since others that had no problems were clearly doing recordings. I even have a couple spare external hard drives around here somewhere. That’ll give me something to try, since nothing else has worked.

The factory reset has resolved my problems with firmware upgrade. I hope next upgrade goes smoother.

I didn’t do a factory reset for 2.2.12, but have experienced just this weekend the Tablo becoming unreachable to its clients (Roku, etc) and not responding to its reset button, but requiring pulling the power plug to get it to reboot.
Everything up to, and after the power cycle reset, has been fine.
@TabloSupport @TabloTV - my logs are at your disposal as well if you want.

@ChrisFix If the Tablo becomes unreachable in this way, we should be able to see its log from our end. We’ll check this out.