NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.10

It’s hard to keep track of releases by numbers. Could you name new releases the way the weather service names hurricanes and storms? Like Hurricane Edna or Louise…this way we can refer to a release as “Noah” or “Jonah.”

2 Likes

Neat request… Although I’m not sure we’d go with the ‘storm’ naming convention. :slight_smile:

We love what Android does with the ‘goodie’ nicknames. Maybe we can discuss something similar.

https://namingschemes.com/Psychotic_Computers

or

https://namingschemes.com/Condiments

**After a Bad Roku update-
https://namingschemes.com/Torture_Devices

This we can get into. Our office fridge is full of sriracha and several types of ketchup. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I will get sometime late next week if the release schedule holds as usual. :neutral_face: It would be nice to change up the order sometime.

I am glad you guys are addressing the “Factory reset” issue. There are several stories here of people that didn’t mean to do that, and there are others that encourage the user to do it without going through any real troubleshooting. Making it difficult to do will certainly help.

Can you explain “Sports image enhancements to adapt to guide data provider change”?

I am looking forward to the update, and hopefully this means the AppleTV app will be released soon.

It’s actually random… So I guess you need to cross your fingers more :wink:

Football fans will recall that Tom Brady graced the Tablo guide for waaaaay too long and there were some other oddities with the images around college sports. Long story short, there are now two image categories: team and university so the images will be more relevant and updated more often.

Maybe I will be lucky this time. :slightly_smiling:

I thought the sports image enhancement might be that. Glad to hear it is the case.

I am OK with the revision numbering scheme and don’t want any scheme that removes the numbers.

4 Likes

My ATV4 IS WAITING! :wink:

3 Likes

How about adverbs?

I’m running SCARED.

I’m running AWKWARDLY.

I’m running BACKWARDS.

I was running QUICKLY but now I’m running SLOWLY.

Names can be fun…

Atv 4 App

I can smell it !!!

1 Like

So are these app releases coming June 13th?

I want normal display without hardware overlays turned off on S7

Still on 2.2.8. Is it normal to take a few days? (EDIT just seen it is a rolled update.)

@TabloTV Is there any functional difference between the last Beta and 2.2.10?

Nope!

Three days and waiting to be offered the release. Getting kinda long in the tooth for a staged roll-out.

Anyone received the update yet?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten it yet, and I’m happy with that. Better to wait a bit and ensure that there are no issues with the new firmware, rather than be the pioneer with arrows in my back. Seriously, these rollouts typically take only about a week or so. I’ve been watching this thread and have been happy to see no sign of any issues.

1 Like

I’m happy to wait. Everything works great right now and the Apple TV app isn’t out yet anyway! :blush:

We’re being a bit more conservative than usual as it’s the long weekend in here in Canada. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience guys!