A new firmware release is available for Tablo. Your iOS, Android and web-based apps should notify you of its availability and prompt you to install it. Our Roku app will provide a prompt, but you’ll have to visit one of the other apps to initialize the update.
This release contains:
- Improvements to image handling
- Tweaks for the Roku app including a fix for playing sports recordings, the addition of new episode details and a firmware version check capability
- A fix for an issue where thumbnails for recordings were not being displayed
- After the firmware update completes, a disk maintenance operation will start which can take several minutes to run and may cause your Tablo app to time out.
- Do not reset your Tablo during the update process - this can cause faults on your hard drive.
- When it is powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available. To obtain the update immediately, check to make sure your Tablo is not recording and press the reset button once. This will cause the Tablo reset and check for a software update within 5 minutes.
- If you initialize a firmware update during a recording, this will cause your recording to fail. You can choose to delay the firmware update, but please try to keep your Tablo as up-to-date as possible to enjoy an optimal experience.