NEW - FireTV/Android Devices & Web Update (v. 1.1.7)

It’s definitely an issue with the Amazon update as all other devices have had no issue (Roku, Apple TV, Mozilla, iOS) with any other device.

My problems range from the tablo not being detected, to detected (after multiple delete and reinstall apps) but can’t connect. It spins up in the right hand corner and counts down from 5 multiple times before giving an error message. And sometimes it connects and the show comes up but then buffers every 5-10 seconds making everything unwatchable.

I have tried both Tablo firmware 2.2.10 and 2.2.12 with the Amazon 1.1.7 version.

Help! Need my Tablo Back, its going on 2 weeks now!

Uninstalling the Tablo app and reinstalling worked for me. It’s now working correctly with no issues. I had done the exact same thing several times since the late Dec update and it didn’t change anything but glad it’s finally working.

None of my Fire TVs work now. Uninstall/reinstall no workie. Help Tablo!!!

@darthracing - for workaournd of connecting over wi-if, as @XManAlive pointed out in his post, it seems both the Tablo unit and the Fire TV unit must be connected over the same Wi-Fi connection/frequency. If one is paired to my 5 GHZ connection and the other to my 2.4 GHZ connection, then I’m back to the ‘no tablo found’ issue again. I disabled my 5 GHZ temporarily until Tablo resolves their issue, since I made the mistake of giving both my 2.4 and 5 GHZ the same SSID name.

1 Like

How bout we get this issue fixed @TabloSupport. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

This has been a big pain. I have a nexus player I can’t connect through the normal tablo app. I also have Kodi app on the nexus player. Within it, I loaded the tablo app and it connects fine. The app isn’t as good though. Not sure if others have this setup but if you do it might work for you. I’m still connected by Ethernet

I use the kodi app as well. I’ve heard the fire app is better, but the app has not worked since I got the tablo on 12-23. The kodi app is okay, but kinda slow.

Do you people at Tablo understand how unacceptable this is? It’s been weeks now. Your product is basically worthless; I can’t count on it and it is clear that you can’t be counted on to fix things within any reasonable time period. Going back to Direct TV and no longer recommend your product.

How much do you want for your Tablo? I’m in the market for a 3rd one.

1 Like

FYI folks - a fix for this is ready and going into beta. Hopefully we can get the thumbs up from the beta team and get this live for everyone very soon.

3 Likes

let me know, would love to try it out/provide feedback - Amazon Fire box running
1.1.7 is not able to find my Tablo (both wired!)

-Todd

I have a 2 tuner that I will sell if you’re in the U.S.

Your talk cheaply just like Donald Drumpf. Send us the fix already!

Neither Tablo nor Amazon seem to care or this would have been fixed already. I have the same issue and ready to dump Amazon and Tablo.

I’m getting there too. Four Amazon Fires that won’t connect to Tablo. Tablo is worthless.

Three weeks for us. Tablo support is worthless.

You are spamming this board. Please quit now.

1 Like

@Gary_Van_Zandt
Tablo has an update in beta testing since last week to resolve this issue. Hopefully, it will be released to all in a short time.

@Gary_Van_Zandt

As stated above, the fix is in Beta testing now, maybe contact support and get added to that Beta?

It should get your issues fixed sooner and helps out others as the more Beta testers they have reporting no issues, the sooner it gets out to everyone?

If you dont always want to be a Beta tester, they CAN add you for a single Beta test so you are not getting Beta software every time.