New Feature Request - Remember Last Channel for Live TV

I’m sure this has been asked in the past… but it would be nice if the Tablo app could remember the last channel I was watching during Live TV playback and go to that one as the default channel if that feature was selected, rather than start at the top of the guide. I like to watch a specific NBC channel that is generally 3/4th down the guide and every time I go to watch TV, I have to scroll past 20+ channels to get to the one I watch the most.

Maybe a favorites list would be nice for the guide.

3 Likes

That’s something we definitely want to add in the future but I don’t have an ETA for this right now.

In the meantime, you can use the FFWD/REW buttons to zip through the Live TV menu faster on many TV-based apps.

I was thinking of the favorites list as well. Will be glad when it comes in but mostly I watched recorded items.

There’s a long list of requests/suggestions going back years - they’re working on / looking into / considering / on-the-way. While some of their marketing mentions watching live TV - much emphasizes their products as an OTA DVR, that’s their focus.

While you’re waiting, a suggestion or work-around, press the TV button on your remote. TVs stay on the last channel you watched, and have a means to select which channels.

Agree! Remember last Live TV channel watched is a much needed feature!!!

1 Like

+1

Live TV should default to last watched channel.

1 Like

It (at least web app) can “remember” which tab I was last using as well as which filter I last selected… but not which channel I was watching?

Note: when live TV is selected, no channel is started until selected. Likely because it doesn’t want an undue conflict with a scheduled recording. Yes, it sounds like there could a simple enough work-around, but it may be a bit more to it… or, less likely, they just don’t want to bother.

Aren’t remembering tabs and filters app based. You can be using 4 different devices and have four different views of the world.

Doesn’t remembering a Live TV channel require spinning up the tuner? And if I have 7-8 main channels, I only have a 12.5% chance of spinning up a channel that I really want to watch Live TV on. I need better odds. Especially if I wasn’t the last person to watch Live TV on that device.

That was March 13, 2020… any update yet? How far into the future do we need to set our time machines?

Or this this really just something posted as a customer service?

1 Like

It was implemented…

Tablo Quick Channel Select on Roku

When your Tablo OTA DVR has two or more active Live TV streams, you can easily switch back to the last channel you were viewing by bringing up the Quick Channel Select overlay (UP or DOWN button) and then using the LEFT button on your Roku remote’s directional navigation pad.

I believe the first post suggest the feature involves starting with the last channel:

The Roku feature sounds more like recall previously watched channel after you’ve scrolled through and first selected one, then another.

Maybe not, other devices have remote connect, Roku has channel recall - choose what’s most important to you :wink:

It would be a nice feature but not sure I would use it. I don’t have that many channels to scroll as I have deleted many of the ones I do not watch and keep the local ones and just a few of the others that I occasionally watch.