New AppleTV error

Sounds good to me.

Just reread the thread, and not one time do I see the poster use profanity describing the product or any of the participants in the discussion. I simply see someone having issues and getting frustrated with a product they purchased, seeking some guidance.

I don’t appreciate your attitude, Craig, especially in what I thought was a mature area of the web. If this is yet another place where I have to tolerate big mouthed bullies ranting safely behind their computer monitors I’ll avoid it as well.

I cut the cord months ago and have been researching products to fulfill my needs, taking my time to avoid any major pitfalls and to get the best gear available. To be perfectly frank, as a potential Tablo customer, it makes me rethink the idea of purchasing their products if you’re the type of person and attitude they let spout off on their forums, trying to “shout down” any other opinion or experience that doesn’t simply praise said product.

You don’t see it, because the original poster deleted the messages containing the profanity.

I would like to apologize to the Tablo community

First thing I didn’t know the 2.2.11 was a beta test. I thought that we had to sign up again to continue on the beta program.

I got very frustrated as i been waiting over a year to sweep this project on the table

It’s a shame the poster had to be insulting and crude, I never saw his posts (had only seen the thread today when I posted- one of my goals in finding the right device is that it works with Apple TV). It still doesn’t excuse Craig’s attitude and comment (though looking through some of his postings on other threads since seeing his reply to me I understand that that’s his basic M.O., which evidently is tolerated by the company).

Wow, this thread really got derailed. I’d like to get back to the original issue of the Tablo disconnecting from the network and restarting itself. Have you Tablo folks found a solution to this problem? I invested a lot of money in this venture, and I currently only have an expensive paperweight to show for it. The Tablo is basically unusable and restarts itself after 15 minutes or so of live TV viewing. I’ve completely given up on recording anything, and have been using Sling instead.

I understand that some folks are also frustrated, but I’d prefer to direct my frustrations in a productive manner. Can we get this problem resolved?

I have not had one problem with the AppleTV tablo app since it’s release, works perfectly every time. The only issue that we have is when a recording is currently recording you can’t start watching it until it done. It doesn’t even show up on the record list.