Network Port Not Working

I woke up this morning to a slow blinking blue light on my Tablo. I did notice on the switch that it is connected to that it did not have a link light on. I tried a different patch cable and still no light. I tried a different switch and still no light…

I tried disconnecting the hard drive & then plugging in the power to the Tablo but that didn’t work either. I am afraid that our Tablo is dead.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I already submitted a support ticket on this matter…

I think a slow blinking light means it is trying to find WiFi. You might want to try to connect to it’s WiFi, which looks something like “TABLO-3389”, maybe ???
Use your laptop or tablet, and connect to that signal ( leaving your normal WiFi disconnected for a while ).

That didn’t work but thanks…

Just to update this thread. Tablo sent me a new Tablo & it is working fine. Of course I lost all of my recordings, but that’s ok. They were after all just tv shows.

They also gave me the instructions on how to send the old one back. I am tardy on that & I apologize. I received the new unit last Monday & I went into the hospital on Tuesday to have a heart stint placed. I will get the old unit sent back just as soon as I can…

Phil