My love hate relationship with tablo

I have been an OTA user for almost 20 years, my first OTA PVR was a Mediasonic 150 and over the last 19 years many mediasonic and homeworks boxes they all worked fairly well but did have faults as well as reliability problems but they were cheap. Last fall I saw an ad for a refurbished dual lite and thought I would try it. Wow it was so much more sophisticated than the other boxes and it connected via wifi. It was simple and very convenient, then after a couple of month’s it disconnected and after 2 hours of doing the same thing over and over using my tablet, then my phone and finally my Mac it finally connected again. The next time it disconnected nothing would work so i hit the reset button on the Tablo and finally after a long time it connected again but I lost all of the recordings I was not happy. Then after deleting an episode I watched I saw the option to “delete failed” and that sounded like a good idea, yea right, as soon as I pressed “delete failed” then “delete watched” Tablo deleted all, this was not good. So yes I like the Tablo but if recommending it I would have to warn whoever purchases one that it has bugs. I’m pissed so I needed to rant.

John

Hello,

I had a similar issue with my Tablo earlier this year. I called the support phone number and the support agent was able to log into my Tablo (with my permission) and found that the problem was some corrupted files/recordings. Once he deleted the corrupted files everything returned to normal. He said the corruption issue is rare, and indeed I haven’t had an issue since. While I’m not 100% certain, I’m think the corruption likely happened when either the signal dropped out during a recording (I was trying to record very weak/marginal signals), or because of a power outage while recording (power outages are frequent in Florida where the Tablo is).

I suggest giving Tablo support a call as they have been extremely helpful every time I have called.

Hi John, I’m unhappy with Tablo !!! Note: FYI as of 6-4 and 6-5, I still cannot watch Tablo - it is Optimizing Guide Data again!!! They have done that before and I didn’t have TV for days. Below is the response I sent back to them from in ref to their questions but I doubt that it will help.
I know it is long but I’m hoping they can take care of ALL the problems at once.
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2022 4:55 PM
To: ‘Tablo’
Subject: Tablo Support - ] Re: TABLO PROBLEMS
Importance: High

Please note: I’m not angry with you. I am just so frustrated with ALL the problems now that I did not have for 3 ½ yrs!

Please read thoroughly the different problems and comprehend them.

At least someone remembered my request for help.

• To power cycle the Tablo:

• Unplug the Tablo’s power adapter

• Wait 60 seconds

• Plug in the Tablo’s power adapter

*****Note: I have done this over and over many, many, many times and over many, many weeks/months. Did not change anything.

Note: I even give it more than 60 seconds ex. 5, 15 20, 30+++minutes

*Is the blue LED on the Tablo solid or is it blinking when you have trouble with the Tablo? If the blue LED is blinking then the Tablo has lost connection to the network or it may be rebooting

*****Note: The blue LED is solid and other times it is blinking.

I have been patient waiting, I unplug it an awful lot hoping it wakes up.

As far as blinking, YES, for a long time! No clue if connection lost or rebooting.

*****Note: How about the FYI from 6-2-2022—

Perhaps while I am waiting for my turn (if I get one), you can tell me HOW LONG DOES OPTIMIZING GUIDE DATA TAKES!!!

I turned the TV on at 5:30 AM this morning. Optimizing guide data was on and is still on at 9:30 am!!

Last night I couldn’t watch TV at all because of some other excuse!!

NOTE: I ended up unplugging the Tablo 6-2 completely until mid-day 6-3!!! Optimizing never stopped – why?

*****NOTE NEW: I have tried to remove TV recordings UNsuccessfully. !!!

At least 26 of them are listed. I did understand there is a maximum allowed. However, if Tablo won’t let me delete after watching, I don’t have a magic wand to make them disappear! Also, I wasn’t able to watch my old or new shows either.

I have found how I can watch other channels (NOT Tablo) to catch up on my shows luckily.

*****NOTE NEW: I can’t watch Tablo TV at all NOW!!! It states: Playback Failed Signal from TV antenna is too weak Dismiss

SEE BELOW ref antenna

Now what?

Everything was great from day one – 2019!!! 2020!!! 2021!! A few very minor things 2022 until Tablo became sick in the last few months!

PS: My antenna is very adequate – 70 miles+. It worked for all the 3yrs and at least 4 months in 2022 without any problems!

I recall a time I could not watch 1 Channel on Tablo that I had watched all the time. Tablo stated my TV antenna was to weak. I sent an email to the channel and let them know. I gave them your name and phone #. Well, I know they contacted you because voila, I could watch their channel without any problems. That was years ago.

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2022 1:18 PM
To: Bubbles3
Subject: [Tablo] Re: TABLO PROBLEMS

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (111891) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Tablo Support - Derek (Tablo)

Jun 3, 2022, 4:18 PM EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Tablo Support.

I recommend I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Tablo app on the Roku.

Is the blue LED on the Tablo solid or is it blinking when you have trouble with the Tablo? If the blue LED is blinking then the Tablo has lost connection to the network or it may be rebooting.

If the Tablo gets stuck optimizing guide data it is often because the network connection was interrupted. I recommend power cycling the Tablo.

To power cycle the Tablo:

• Unplug the Tablo’s power adapter
  • Wait 60 seconds
  • Plug in the Tablo’s power adapter

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Derek
Tablo Support
Monday-Friday 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET
www.tablotv.com/support

Bubbles3

Jun 2, 2022, 12:40 PM EDT

FYI—Perhaps while I am waiting for my turn (if I get one), you can tell me HOW LONG DOES OPTIMIZING GUIDE DATA TAKES!!!

I turned the TV on at 5:30 AM this morning. Optimizing guide data was on and is still on at 9:30 am!!

Last night I couldn’t watch TV at all because of some other excuse!!

Obviously, I probably won’t be able to watch it today!! My patience is very thin!!!

Do you people know what you are doing???

Why ALL the problems?

I deserve answers now.

Bubbles3

Jun 1, 2022, 3:19 PM EDT

I sent the below message a week ago. Still, TABLO is not working - it has all kinds of excuses - I can’t keep tract of all of them anymore - now its unknown error - big help. I Ist started Tablo in early 2019 - wow I was so happy with it!!!
The happiness last thru 2020 and 2021 (occasionally a short mishap/delay).
2022 happened what a screw up it has turned into. Why?? Nothing has changed here!!! Your Tablo is always sick and can’t do anything–WHY? Is Tablo causing these problems intentionally? It sure seems like it.
I fill in your request for info. Antennae is on the roof - I got up a ladder couldn’t see a name. The big thing attached to anntenna was about 2ft tall. I can’t get up on the roof anymore. The guy that put it in also put cord from antennae to inside the house and also attached antennae to TV.
Please get it fixed. It’s another ?? days NO TV because of Tablo.
Thanking you in advance.
Kathy

Off and on - day in and day out - sometimes it works and then it doesn’t.
Example: Saturday - TV working - then it stops working - Tablo Not Found! I kept trying and awhile later I got it to work - 3 hrs. I turned it off - worked outside. At noon I turned it on! Nope, Tablo Not Found! Your Tablo was not found. Try again, or get troubleshooting tips at www.tablotv.com/connectivity!!! Searched Again–been there-done that for 6 hrs gave up Saturday night. Sunday, 5-22, 6:00 am, hoped it got rest overnight—Nope. Tablo Not Found
I’ve tried everything I can think off, read troubleshooting articles, blue reset button, router and unplugged tablo unplugged with Roku, …
I give up, I’ve tried everything I know to do. I’m not smart like the smart group out there. YES! I’m old and have been away from technology - I knew alot about mainframes and 1st time computers etc in the old days but now, turning on and off a TV that works makes me happy!
Please help!!! Make it simple
Thank you in advance, Kathy

created
10d
last reply
8d
views
users

TabloSupport
Kathy1r

HI Kathy,

Your problems seem to be more complicated than mine but very similar. I do suggest that as RF_Fan suggested in his replay that you call Tablo Support and see if they can log into your tablo and fix the problem. The number is 844-822-5688 support hours are 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday. Call 1-844-822-5688
Maybe they will be able to help.

John

Hi John,
Thank you. I will call Tablo Support in the morning. I’m on the West Coast so I will try calling at 9:30am which is 6:30 am my time.
I’ve liked them so much and enjoyed being with them. The last 3 1/4 yrs have been wonderful!
I hope they can help.
Kathy

Good let us know how it goes, my Tablo is fine at the moment but who knows?

Thanks

Kathy1,

Given that you’ve gotten good service for several years from your Quad Tablo, and the problems developed recently, your Tablo’s power brick may be getting flakey. Tablo sells new ones for about $10 US. This is something that others on this forum have had success with.

Some other factors that cause problems like this include the hard drive. As they age, drives often draw more power from the USB port. If your power supply is weak, it may not be able to deliver enough power consistently to the drive. They also sometimes develop other problems which cause trouble with Tablo.

When you reach out to Tablo, ask if they can check the power supply readings and temp readings on the Tablo.

Any good news from Tablo?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.