My First Take on Nexus Player and Tablo

I am seeing strong wifi. I see all my channels, but only 2 channels have guide data. My scheduled shows empty also. If I scan for channels, I get half of the channels showing up than when I scan on my phone. It may be that it just isn’t allowing me to scroll any more.

The version of the app is 1.0.23. Is that the same version those that have no issues have? There doesn’t seem to be an update for this app.

I guess I may just have to send ticket to support. Calling them results in no response. I have tried calling support before and left a message. I never got a return call.

1.0.23 is the latest version unless you’re on beta test list. I would suggest calling tech support again. Last time I call I was able to get ahold of someone within a couple minutes wait.

If you’d like to try the beta today let me know. I could extract the beta Tablo app APK and pass it onto you.

I am willing to try anything at this point. I have just noticed that there are a couple channels on roku that don’t show a guide, but those are the only channels my nexus player does show. Also, I get all channels on my phone. The channels I do get a guide for on my nexus are showing the episode name instead of the name of the show. for example my phone says I Dream of Jeannie. The nexus says nobody loves a fat astronaut.

Very peculiar.

I’ll extract the APK and send you a copy via private message on here. Let’s hope it solves your issues.

Google has acknowledged now and made it a priority to fix so that is good news

I was happy to see this as well. Fortunately it doesn’t affect me yet - I’m thinking this is why NVIDIA has held off on the Marshmallow update for the Shield.

I wouldn’t doubt it, it appears to affect more than just Nexus Player. It is just a weird issue and it does look washed out and has me not even using the new player I got :confused:

Supposedly it affects the Nexus 6P as well, which I have, but I didn’t notice washed out colors on this similar to the Nexus Player.

Yea, I got the Nexus 6P and have not noticed any issue. My wife has the 5x and did not notice anything with hers either.

Haven’t really noticed this on mine.

I have a Nexus 6p and my Tablo streaming looks great on it - no washed out colors at all.

It is more apparent if you compare the picture side by side to another device. However, I didn’t really notice it until someone brought it up on this forum. Once I heard, I pulled up the same show on my Shield and my Nexus Player, and it was clear the colors were more washed out and blacks weren’t as deep on the Nexus. However, if it doesn’t bother you, I wouldn’t worry about it, and either way it will probably be fixed soon.

I posted the comment a week or two ago that the Roku had a slighlly better image when compared to my new Nexus Player, and a couple folks seem to agree. The differences are really quite slight, and may not even show up on many TVs or be of any consequence. The smooth playback and trouble-free improvement on the Nexus more than compensates for any slight video quality difference, if any.

Larry

I have Nexus Player, Fire TV (2nd gen) and Nvidia Shield, and the NP does look washed out when comparing with FTV and NS. I always thought it was the limitation of the NP graphic hardware, and I’m glad to hear that it is indeed f/w related and can be corrected… Definitely good news to me :smile:

Agree, and with my TV picture menu controls I can kick up contrast and color saturation. It seems to me most viewers prefer hyped up color and contrast a la Best Buy displays. I prefer a more natural rendition.