My Amazon review

Yeah I guess it was a little harsh. Did you buy antennas that you didn’t need. Obviously 4 hard drives is a bit much. If your signal is good at your TV, then you probably have a good antenna setup, and you should be able to use it, no matter if you toss the Tablo or not, so I am not sure how that adds to your costs. If you have a good antenna signal, you have free TV, with or without Tablo. Do you have the Tablo hardwired to your router? If you are trying to connect your Tablo to your router via WiFi, then you probably don’t (didn’t) have a chance.

My network is fine. Accordingh to Tablo my network is fine. They have refused repeated requests to swap the unit out to test.

Again, that is why Davebhc71 's solution is spot on. If you buy another one (with a no question’s asked return policy, like any big box store), you have excellent leverage with Tablo if it works.

Throw another $70 at it and get a Mi Box at Walmart. Comes with 2 months of SlingTV and $5 vudu credit. Also own 3 movies on Vudu.

Plug your Router, modem, and Tablo into this and no more problems with power failure.

This might be a better choice for a UPS:

It is designed to power your wireless (low wattage) equipment for a couple of hours. Don’t plug a computer into this, it won’t last more than a couple minutes.

I actually use 2 of these to power my network equipment and Tablo:

They work great and have more power than the UPS I mentioned above.

I run my tablo by wire to a router that has wireless AC. I thought that’s what everyone does. HD is best on AC. I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble but agree that swapping will help you pinpoint the problem. I find 3.5 stars at Amazon to mean the vast majority are happy with their Tablos.

I run everything wireless and no problems since no Roku… Roku is supposed to fet 7.5 tomorrow…what will it break on Tablo?

I have ZERO issues with Roku…

Yah…I dont know…I have a Tablo 2-tuner that the network jack failed, but wireless works, and cant get anyone to fix that…

When I had DirecTV, I would send back a damaged DVR and in return they would send me a refurbished one. Wonder if Nuvyyo would do that (even with a fee involved)? Not that I have a bad Tablo: mine has worked for a year and a half but I’m wondering about the future should something happen to it…

1 Like

I would love that…Hey Tablo…you listening on this one?