Manually scheduled recording start time is recording 6 hours ahead

I recently purchased my Tablo and love it!

However, when I manually schedule a recording for a time slot, the scheduled start time to record is 6 hours ahead of what I set the manual recording start time as. Please see screen shots below:

I set up the recording as follows (notice the start time of 10:30PM CST):

However, then my actual recording times are 6 hours ahead at 4:30PM CST (notice the title still says 10:30 - 11:30PM CST).

This occurs no matter what device I schedule the recording from (iPad or web).

Also, this behavior occurs for “repeating” AND “just once” manual setting.

Help would be appreciated, thanks much!

I have the same problem except mine are 8 hours off. I am recording from Las Vegas area. I had to set my recording time 8 hours ahead and select Tue thru Sat to record Mon - Fri from 10:40 pm to 11:00 pm.

1. What device are you using to make said manual recording?
  2. Is the time zone set correctly on said device?

Chrome on Windows PC. Not sure on time zone but TV schedule is correct.

After reading your question again, yes time zone on PC is correct. I thought you meant some setting on the Tablo unit it’s self.

I can’t really suggest anything except that it must be some setting on your PC because the times are correct on mine. You probably should contact support.

@miker48

The Tablo grabs its time zone information from the device you use to run a channel scan. We can fix this by running a new scan on your Tablo.

First, make sure you’re using a device using the correct time zone. Next, connect to the Tablo app and follow these steps:

Settings > Edit location > Use Current > Begin Channel Scan > Add to guide. This will reset your Tablo’s local time zone to match the one being used on the device running the channel scan. Try and schedule a new recording to verify the change has been made.

Note: if you have any kind of active VPN, or if the date and time settings on your device are wrong, the Tablo will not grab the proper time zone and your recordings will continue to record at the incorrect time.

1 Like

Thanks. I checked my setup deleted the bad schedule and when reselected its was ok.