Mac program for extracting Tablo recordings

Those tools don’t usually give you working code. They just get you part way there.

OTOH, it’s not really a big deal to have Python2 and Python3 installed on the same system. I do on most of mine. I have a lot of old Python code around (like SurLaTablo), but am doing all my current development in Python3. Including converting a lot of old code.

Yes, I did the same. I mainly work on a MAC. So I installed the tool to switch pythons (pyenv). Works very well.

Each of us has a different use case. I am predominantly interested in saved movies and specials. Not as much tv series.

I know surlatablo seems quite nice and works well. The only reason I jumped at his code was that I could not get the standard tool (TabloTools) to work and with research I see the developer has not updated it to work with the latest tablo api. So it was not able to use it. I like the GUI it had. In that past I used it. But I am not the only one finding the tool basically broken. It just does not find the tablo so you can’t do anything with it. (well it sorta finds it just won’t use it and show it is connected). Since connectivity is easily done with these other tools on a MAC or a mac virtual machine using windows 10, it is that tool that is broken. Why is no one saying much about that on the web? Surprising.

I am not home right now so a real full test on my scripts needs to wait till I return to Fort Myers, FL. I am in Las Vegas currently till the 14th. But i am wrapping cjcox’s surlatablo code in a nice ZSH (bash-ish) shell. It will make using the command line tool quite easy an painless. I will grow it as I need. I am very comfortable with command line. But this is a bit nicer than just a command line. LOL

cjcox has a very nice python tool. Thank you so much for all the good work you did.

I also thank all of you for the advice about python3. I am glad I took the advice and did not try to convert cjcox’s code. cjcox will eventually do that on his own.

That is the cash copy. Once you erase that and try to get it to refresh, on the MAC it does not connect and you get nothing working. At the moment, TableTools appears to be broken zamboknee

Hi there. I happen to develop Tablo Tools, so I just downloaded v0.3.10 - the latest release - on my mac mini running Catalina 10.15.7 and everything seemed to work fine. Is there anything specific I could try to help with?

I also notice you are interested in messing around with code and the Tablo API/etc … I just published this which may interest you - Unofficial Tablo API Docs & Info
Note that at the bottom are the tools I remember that have source code you can look at and play with.

Cheers!

Jess. To be fair, you need to have your mac running Ventura 13.0.1
You can’t run a test on your latest release on Catalina. That is just not
fair. If it does not work on Ventura, other programs do. So whatever is causing
this issue, needs to be tested with the latest release of the MAC OS.

If you just do not support the latest release, that’s fine. But SurLaTablo.py works well
under it. Yes it is a python command line tool. But works well.

If you need my help with anything let me know. Yes I am a developer. Retired. But not a
MAC developer. You can look me up on Linkedin (Earl Faneuf) the only one there with that name,
to see my coding history.

Currently been working on shell scripts to get more horsepower out of SurLaTablo. Which I am getting there.

Let me know if you need any feedback once you upgrade your machine to Ventura. I used to use your tool. Liked it a lot.

Earl Faneuf

You did a wonderful job with your unofficial documentation. Fantastic. thanks

Run Tablo Ripper in a Window with bootcamp or Parallels if using an M1 mac. No need to fuss with anything as that is what is nice about Macs, you can run Windows better than most windows computers unless you need gaming.

1 Like

yes, but you’re still using “Windows”
:rofl: