Low Volume Fix?

There’s once was a new user whom was displease with tech support treatment… they wanted to get a whole bunch of attention, particularly from TabloSupport, they got their fix. Well, they didn’t “fix” the support issue :frowning:

So who knows when unicorns will be jumping over rainbows. :unicorn: :rainbow: :butterfly: again.

1 Like

I still don’t get why many of your playback devices don’t support 5.1 AC3 audio.

But interestingly enough just so you know this isn’t only a Tablo app problem, last night I went to watch a movie on the Apple TV app on my Roku Premiere Model 4630 and the audio volume was so low! I had to turn up my TV more than I have to for the Tablo. Just for an idea of the volume level, I listen to:

Netflix in the 20s
Tablo in the 40s
Apple TV in the 60s

And this was a new movie, Greyhound so the audio source shouldn’t be the issue.

I’m curious what device was used to measure the sound output?
I’ve used an Android app, Sound Meter Pro, in the past.
I haven’t measured the sound output difference between various Roku apps recently, but will later this week.

In any case, I primarily watch only Tablo recordings via a Roku Ultra connected to a 10 year old TV with sound output set to stereo, and all my Roku apps output close to the same sound loudness as others.
Sling TV is the exception, and is definitely louder than Tablo, Netflix, and Prime Video.
The most challenging sound issues I’ve come across dealt with multiple sound leveling settings in the TV, and Roku.
Unfortunately, my settings don’t appear to be work universally, and various Roku OS updates alter its sound leveling a bit, making stable sound output a moving target.

FWIW, I have the same issue with low volume. I have to crank the volume up well beyond my normal listening settings when watching Tablo content. Using a quad with FW 2.2.30.

Same experience on all my TVs, not just one.

Me as well. Love my Tablo but it is the quietest device/source by a noticiable, wide margin. Videos downloaded from the tablo are similarly quiet. Original quad here. Maybe it’s less pronounced with newer devices?

1 Like

Well, I’ll jump on this as well. My Quad sound is lower than other devices as well. Oddly, it varies from recorded channel to recorded channel. However when switching from channel to channel on the TV directly, I don’t notice a difference in volume but I certainly do with the Tablo.

1 Like

Some TV’s have an audio setting for dynamic range. This tries to adjust the sound volume to be consistent when switching channels.

For my TV this does nothing for input from HDMI since there really isn’t any channel switching.

Of course my Roku was doing fine but I was blessed with 2 OS updates in 3 weeks. And now it’s sound levels are a little wonky.

Ditto situation on my recorded programs. Has anyone tested to see if it’s the commercial skip causing the issue? There’s additional video processing being done. Maybe something associated with it?

If you’re using a Roku try setting the Volume Mode to “Leveling”. Not a 100% fix, but will make it louder.

Did you ever get a definitive answer? I’m using Tablo through my Roku Premier 4K and HDMI connection because my Samsung’s native Tablo app won’t allow the 14-day guide. I have low volume in this configuration and have gone through all the Roku and Tablo settings, to no avail. Must I live with it?

I think some have had positive results by enabling surround sound.

I have started using commercial skip. For me, audio levels are the same whether using CS or not. For the record, I have surround sound enabled and I have no issues with the volume level of recordings or live TV from my Tablo Quad. I typically view my Tablo content on a PC and on my TV via a Roku Ultra and a surround sound receiver.

Mine is enabled, but still low volume. I can’t find any other setting that affects it.

I, also, use Tablo through the Roku app. I don’t use the native Samsung Tablo app because it doesn’t allow me to access my paid-for 2-week guide. However, I might try playing back using the Samsung app just to see if there is a volume difference. I’ll post the results.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.