Loss of channels after Channel Master distribution amp installation

Hello,
I have a fairly basic setup. I have an Eaglestar 53-6165 on my roof and the coax runs down to my basement from the antenna. I had a basic 3 way splitter with a line going to two TV’s and the Tablo. My TV furthest away from the splitter could not get a couple of channels that the Tablo and TV closer to the splitter could get so I bought a CM-3414 to replace the splitter. If I hook things up exactly as they were on the splitter the TV upstairs went from 34 channels on a scan to 44 channels and I get the channel that I wanted up there. However, the Tablo went from the original 34 channels to only 10 channels after a rescan with the CM-3414 in place. If I go direct from the antenna to the Tablo I get 44 channels.

Why would there be a drastic drop in channels scanned after putting the Tablo behind the CM-3414? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Likely overdriving those other channels… May try splitting it off first, sending the un-amplified to the Tablo and then using the amp after that for the TVs or you can buy attenuators that take the signal down just before going into the Tablo.

2 Likes

Ah ok thank you. Very much appreciated. I will try the split first and look into attenuators.