Long Loading Time for Recorded Programs

I am running a two-tuner Tablo, Roku and everything hard wired Ethernet.

Recently, my Tablo takes sometimes up to ten minutes to load a recorded program for play back. Even after it finally loads, it will have to reload every 20-30 seconds. It has basically become useless.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I’m getting tired of always fighting something on my Tablo. I’ve had it a little over a year now and I am really regretting the spent money.

What firmware version is your tablo running?
Do you see this with live TV as well or just the recordings?
Do you have an ethernet switch installed?
Have you tried swapping ethernet cables in case one is bad?

Have a 2-tuner Tablo as well but don’t have recording issues. Everything I record and play back is spot on. (Tablo is hardwired to a Netgear Nighthawk router. All receiving media devices are wireless; one Roku 3, two Chromecasts (both 1st gen) and two PCs using Chrome. All are pretty close to the router.

Has it always been this sluggish? Might want to take a look at your network’s infrastructure as KyleR mentioned.

>>>What firmware version is your tablo running?

2.0 Build 19

>>>Do you see this with live TV as well or just the recordings?

Live playback seems to be working fine.

>>>Do you have an ethernet switch installed?

Yes, I have an enterprise Netgear 24 port switch serving my entire house.

>>>Have you tried swapping ethernet cables in case one is bad?

I haven’t, mostly because all of my runs are ran throughout the house and near impossible to replace. I can replace jumpers at each end, going into my rack patch panel and Roku. Roku appears to be working for everything else, so I don’t think there is a problem there.

On any given day, we can watch 1080p streamed video from a number of services over a DSL line, but the Tablo can’t seem to keep up with sending a (let’s face it, crappy) compressed video file over a 100m/bit LAN network 30 feet away. It just doesn’t add up.

Network switches are known to create these latencies with the Roku. Read the thread below. Try directly connecting both the Tablo and Roku directly to your router, it will likely improve start speeds.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/roku-load-times-vary-live-vs-recorded/