Loading Please wait

Well I just got my Tablo today and was having a hell of a time getting my 2 roku 1’s to work, the 2 Roku 3’s were fine. I also noticed my Plex was acting up on my roku 1’s. I’ve been using Plex for nearly 3 years with no issues. The only difference was I connected my tablo today.

Anyhow after several attempts of troubleshooting it occurred to me move the tablo further away from my router, I was using the small ethernet cable that came with it. I attached a 5’ cable and moved it 3’ away. Now everything is working fine. No more Loading please wait, I was getting 1 every 30sec-1min it was super annoying. I’ve watching Live TV for the last 45min with no issues. 

I’m not sure why this is happening, initially I thought because I’m using a USB3 drive and that gives off a 2.4Ghz freq that interferes with some devices like bluetooth. However, the tablo appears to use usb2 so my usb3 shouldn’t give off that frequency. I least that’s what I think. 

Maybe this will help someone else with similar issues. 

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Tablo could be causing wireless interference.

But maybe putting SOLVED in your thread title would be handy to everyone else searching the forums.

Wanna hear something funky that’s sort of related? If I put my cell phone within 3 feet of my computer tower the PC makes some strange sounds from an unknown source. Move the phone, the sound stops. Put either my wife’s phone or mine near that computer and the computer starts to complain. 
I’ve never been able to figure it out. Maybe it’s time to get out the tin foil…

On the other hand, what frequencies are some of these things running at internally? A while back there was talk of Apple having to redesign a PC board due to high frequencies and the shapes of the traces on the board. 

@Eli_Neris We’ve heard of some wacky behaviour caused by interference. One user reported sever video corruption (entirely, 100% reproducible) on streaming video and the Tablo just by turning a nearby LED on and off.

I actually spoke to soon. Same issues, moving the Tablo helped but didn’t clear it up 100%. My wife and kids informed me that they experience loading issues with plex too on the roku1’s for about a month now. I wasn’t aware of this and they only mentioned it because I was troubleshooting the roku 1s. Anyhow it appears from what they told me it happened when I cut the cord from comcast and returned their modem/router and hooked up my own cable modem with a 4-5 year old router I had. 

To make sure I moved my Roku 1s to the TV that is next to my router. Everything works fine 100% plex and tablo too and it loads much faster too. So now I knew it’s my router. Moving the router to a more central location is not ideal for me since the antenna location is optimal and it would mean me running cables for the antenna and the cable internet too. 

I bought a new router this afternoon and we’ve been watching tablo the last 3 hours with no issues so far. 

ShadowsPapa you must have a phone on GSM network like AT&T or T-Mobile. They have a stronger signal than CDMA phones like Sprint or Verizon so it bleeds over to your speakers and mics too. I took a tour at the Shure lab in Chicago and the engineer broke it down to me when I asked him. I shoot video and had issues with cell phones and my wireless lav mics. 

Lots of things seem to run at 2.4Ghz (wifi,microwaves, bluetooth,cordless phones) , I had to get a bluetooth usb dongle for my mac pro because when I added a usb3 pci card and the 2.4Ghz frequency cause interference to my bluetooth magic mouse. Intel and Apple have white papers on it too.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

Such a headache trouble shooting things. I just want plug and play I’m too old for this… LOL

@Eli_Neris

What new router did you buy? Just so others know what is working well with Tablo and Roku wireless.

I bought it locally in Chicago but here’s the link on Amazon. They had cheaper and more expensive routers but I figured I get something in the middle.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1422920047&sr=8-5&keywords=tp+link+router

I went in to buy one for $70 but my wife suggested I get something a little better. Who am I to argue with my wife :) 

That is a very good router. I believe most people would solve most of their buffering problems over WiFi if they upgraded their routers.

Roku 1 (2710) only uses Wireless N - too bad it can’t take advantage of the Wireless AC of that router. Nonetheless, it’s good for everyone to realize that not all Wireless N 2.4 GHz WiFi signals are the same.
I bought it locally in Chicago but here's the link on Amazon. They had cheaper and more expensive routers but I figured I get something in the middle.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1422920047&sr=8-5&keywords=tp+link+router

I went in to buy one for $70 but my wife suggested I get something a little better. Who am I to argue with my wife :) 

My wife chews me royally if I buy something cheap as she knows very well in weeks I’ll be complaining about it. So I must research and buy at least close to the top, or at least the max we can afford at the time, and if it’s not critical, wait until we can afford the best.

It’s a Moto X on U.S. Cellular. STRONG antenna, some have said in the reviews online that Motorola has the best internal antenna in the industry. I can’t argue that because Motorola phones are the only phones that work where we live. No one else can get reception here, and we tried 3 other brands before getting Motorola phones a while back and realized the reception was so much better we could finally dump the land line. Maybe that’s it, the stronger signal those phones have?
In any case, it’s totally WEIRD the sounds made when the phones are close to the home office computer/server. 

Great posts, thanks for the info and links.