Loading Please Wait related to Max Recording Quality Setting

If it all works out, please let us know how it all goes.

I requested the 2.2.7 beta and it resolved the issue for me. You may consider that :wink:

Everyone-

Thanks so much for the help!

Got the new router fired up and connected the Tablo to the powerline.

What a difference- I can now watch/record on the highest MRQS (1080- 10Mbps) with zero LPWs!

The Roku is now on 5GHz wireless with the new router and has made Sling TV much faster/stabler/ more enjoyable.

The new router and powerline have completely changed my experience thus far.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

That is awesome news! Iā€™m glad those worked out for you.

Great news! And to confirm you are running 2.2.6 firmware, not one of the 2.2.7 betas?

Iā€™d suggest upgrading the router to TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router. This was picked as the best router for most people and in fact @TabloTV even posted it here. There are several of us using this extremely awesome router and the wireless ā€œjust worksā€. It has both 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless support, so if you have older devices that require 2.4 they can still work (such as Roku LT) but the Tablo loves the 5 GHz, even if it isnā€™t wireless AC.

Yes I am running the 2.2.6 firmware.

I did end up getting the Archer C7 and it has made a big difference as well.

Combined with the powerline to the Tablo everything is working great.

The only issue to iron out now is antenna receptionā€¦was getting a couple channels perfectly clear coax direct to TV but coax to Tablo is giving me a weak signal error on those channels. The antenna is a huge antique in my attic that works well.

Hmmm- any thoughts? I will probably start a new thread on thisā€¦

Well just shows you that not all networking equipment is the same - there are many people on this forums that swear the Tablo can be the only root of the issue and refuse to attempt upgrading their router. Etc. Thanks for at least trying.

1. As for your antenna, what type of coaxial cable is running from the antenna to the Tablo? Older RG59 or newer RG6?
  2. As well, do you have a pre-amp installed at the antenna mast?
  3. Is it a direct cable run between antenna and Tablo? Or is it split anywhere? How long is the run?
1 Like

Thanks again!

1. RG6

2. No pre-amp

3. One splitter about 30ft run.

Itā€™s strange to me because if I hook the coax directly to the TV I have no reception issues at all. Then when hook the coax to the Tablo, two of my primary channels are either really spotty or I get the Weak Signal Error.

Well just shows you that not all networking equipment is the same - there are many people on this forums that swear the Tablo can be the only root of the issue and refuse to attempt upgrading their router.

For Wifi, I would agree with you. For those of us hardwired, where none of the devices are even connected to the router then I would argue that upgrading the router will do nothing. :smiley:

2 Likes

I added this to the Beta forum, but probably a good look for everyone here as well:

1 Like

The Tablo has a built in 1x4 splitter which causes signal degradation that can result in channels that are on the digital cliff to fall off and the signal is too weak.

Get this pre-amp, many here have used it successfully. Install it at the antenna, as close to it as possible:

My signal is pretty darn good, but I do have some issues with ABC :confused: Wonder if this would help or hurt

What antenna do you have?

If you get ABC with no signal issues when plugged directly into your HDTV then it might help. If you have signal issues on the TV directly too, then more likely not.

My Antenna is a Clearstream 2V and I actually have it inside my house up on a ledge in my bedroom as it was the best location. I was going to mount it outside but got too lazy :slight_smile:

Nice is that the Model C2-V-CJM-CN that includes the VHF bar as well? I am going to upgrade to this one soon.

That antenna is a non-amplified antenna, you may benefit from the pre-amp to boost signals it doesnā€™t get head on (the antenna is quite directional as well).

Yes, this one:

50+ mile radius supposedly and I am like 30 miles but wanted the best antenna I could do indoor or outdoor. I honestly think the VHF bar is too fragile to be outside though.

Thanks for the suggestion on the amp- this community is great!

I will report back with resultsā€¦

1 Like

No problem - and just to be clear the pre-amp should not be connected just before the Tablo, it needs to be at the antenna so it amplifies the best signal possible.

Keep us posted.

A big thank you again!

Before ordering the amplifier I went into the attic, took out an unnecessary splitter and reduced some cableā€¦that boosted the signal enough to where all of my channels are coming through perfectly now!

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help- time to relax and enjoy!

3 Likes