Live TV won’t airplay

Thanks for the inputs. I’ve refined the problem best I can as follows:
Airplay works fine streaming from Youtube and other similar streaming devices. To me this means the interface between the ios device and Roku is functioning. It means the in-house network is fine. It means interface with the internet is fine.
However when I attempt to have the Tablo app running and activate Airplay it says “This video is playing in Airplay” and all I get is the spinning “Walmart daisy”.

As an update to my May 18th info on July 27th I am now using AirPlay on my Roku Stick+ [4K] with the iOS Tablo App.

Previously my A1427 3rd generation AppleTV provided my best “Remote Streaming Quality” for playing LiveTV, even better than using my iPhone SE without AirPlay. Today, my old AppleTV had the forever spinning wheel that the Roku had so I tried the Roku AirPlay… it works now.

Unclear what changed, old AppleTV lost AirPlay from the app while the Roku stick+ now works, which allows me to retire my ancient AppleTV.

iPhone 7 & SE both v 1.9.2-rc.1 build 235 and 1.9.1-rc 2 build 556 work
[Tablo app did not automatically update in iOS]
Roku 10.0.0 Build 4209
Roku AirPlay v. 3.2.0.13 App 24.68.0 App Engine 9.0.0(roku4-8R126) Streaming Engine 2.15.18

Thanks for the updated input–it triggered an email to me. I hadn’t tried AirPlay in a while and, viola, it now works with Roku! So I’ve done nothing other than upgrade to the recent release issued by Tablo so I have to “assume” that it was a Tablo problem and hopefully it’s fixed. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.