Live TV bar with menu disappears after exiting from a show

In Safari (version 9.0.3), the light blue Live TV bar with the menu on the left end disappears upon exiting from watching a live TV show, leaving no access to the pop-up menu.

The my.tablotv.com is designed for Chrome, have you tried the Chrome browser on your Mac?

I’ve tried the Chrome browser. my.tablotv.com works horribly in Chrome. Audio and video are not in sync.

On your Mac when in the Chrome browser, the video player is it the Flash player or the new HTML5 player?

Right click on the video when playing and you should be able to find out. Flash has been causing playback problems.

It appears to be HTML5. Nevertheless, they should make it display properly in Safari, the primary browser of Mac users. Everything works correctly in Safari, except for this display glitch, which forces the user to refresh the page, which breaks and reestablishes the connection to the Tablo DVR.

I would open a ticket, chrome works great on my mac without issues.

I have the same problem as Duane and I use Safari because I need Apple AirPlay support which Chrome doesn’t seem to have.

@duanewilliams - Can you confirm which Tablo firmware you’re running?

From the About section of Settings:

Tablo Device: 2.2.8
HTML Application: 1.0.24-625
UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_3) AppleWebKit/601.4.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0.3 Safari/601.4.4

@duanewilliams - We’ve been able to reproduce the issue here and are looking into a fix now. Stay tuned.

1 Like