Live stream jumping back ~10 seconds

Has this been narrowed down to certain conditions? I had live TV going from 11am to 11pm on NBC on Sunday on a Roku 3 with 1080p set on Tablo and Roku. and not one blip. Fast startup not checked. Everything on latest firmware.

Mine does this regularly as well. However it’s not a big pain because it only does it once.

Me too!  On a Roku 2.  It just started within the last couple weeks.  Not every time, but most of the time when I set it to live tv, it will play 5-10 seconds, buffer briefly then replay that same 5-10 seconds and be fine after that.  It’s not a huge deal, but it has concerned me that it might affect my recordings.  If it is having trouble tuning, for example.  I’m not sure it’s related, but for about the same period of time I have started having occasional trouble when fast forwarding.  It acts like it gets stuck trying to load after I have finished fast forwarding.  Sometimes it sits there for a minute or longer just trying to reload the show.  Tonight two of my recordings failed which is very unusual.  I had two others that recorded ok.  The two that failed were on different channels.  The two that recorded were from the same two channels as the two that failed, just during a different hour.  Seems weird! 

Happened for me the other morning on a 720p channel.

Hey folks - just as an update, we’ve managed to track down the source of this behaviour and we’re at work on a fix. Thanks for your patience!

I’m on 1080p recording…viewing on Roku3 with the same as all above. Just saying. Thought it was just me.

How was the live stream jumping issue resolved? Mine jumps back about 4 sec. I have a roku 2 (4210X) - version 6.2 build 3660. Happens when the roku is Ethernet straight to my main router (net gear r7000) or through a tp link re210 wifi extender.

Only live stream- not recorded content

I have this problem, but once it starts, it just keeps doing it. I basically experience 20-30 seconds of a show, then it jumps back and plays the last 10-15 seconds. Then it will play another 30 seconds or so. Then it jumps back and plays the last 10 or so seconds of that most recent 30 seconds. It does this throughout the whole time I am on that channel. At some point, I’m still watching the “live” show, but it could have ended ten minutes ago. I don’t care about the delay. I care about the fact that I end up watching the whole show a couple of times collectively. Sometimes I just give up and flip over to Netflix or Amazon and watch something else. Very frustrating when I start thinking about how much I have invested in this.

I have the exact same issue with some channels as well.

mine is doing this too…

1. Go to “Settings” in the Tablo app on an Android device, iOS device, or computer. Then uncheck Fast Live TV Startup.
  2. This issue of repeating segments can also be sometimes caused by poor OTA signal. When this happens, do you notice any pixelation of the video?