LG App doesn't play anymore with 2.2.12 update

I updated to the new firmware (2.2.12) and now the LG Tablo app doesn’t play live TV or recordings anymore. I can see all the menus, I can see the guide, I can interact with the menus and guides. I can see recorded content and it appears to be recording.

I also used the Tablo app on my FireHD and it works fine. Its an LG app related issue. Sent 2 emails into support on Friday and awaiting response. Either the LG app needs an update or I need to get the update rolled back on my Tablo.

(Also posted in the TV apps section)

@t_g_farrell We’ve identified this as an issue in the 2.2.12 firmware load. We hope to have a release out soon to correct this, but in the meantime we can revert your Tablo back to the 2.2.10 firmware. Our support team has sent you some next steps to set this up.

I updated to the new firmware (2.2.12) and now the LG Tablo app doesn’t play live TV or recordings anymore. I can see all the menus, I can see the guide, I can interact with the menus and guides. I can see recorded content and it appears to be recording.

I also used the Tablo app on my FireHD and it works fine. Its an LG app related issue. Sent 2 emails into support on Friday and awaiting response. Either the LG app needs an update or I need to get the update rolled back on my Tablo.

Replied to your message here.

My LG app wont even complete the Sync step. It gets stuck at 75%. Web OS 3.0

After downgrading to 2.2.10 everything is working fine now. Support had to do the downgrade after I got some email to setup the tablo for remote support.

I assume there is still not resolution to this issue except to down grade. Any change you can send me the 2.2.10 firmware and instructions on how to downgrade. I’m getting tired of not hearing anything on this and I can’t even use the box. I have about 10 days before return time expires.

You have to open a ticket with support, they then send you instructions to allow them remote access. Then they revert the upgrade for you remotely. It took 2 days for this process for me.

They said to put my device into remote connection mode and they will log into it and tweek it so it will work. He logged in and tweeked it, but it still isnt working.

I just bought a 4 tuner Tablo. It is not playing live tv or the recorded programming through the LG tv app. Everything works fine on the computer and iPads. Although live tv does not have a play button/icon on out iPhones 6s or 6s+.
I wrote a help desk ticket yesterday and hope to hear back soon and be able to use the tv app directly rather than buy more equipment to use the Tablo.

horrible customer service…good luck

Have them roll back to 2.2.10…then just add in 5 channels at a time. Dont add all channels at once, it will hang. My Tablo has been working great for months now with web tv app and 2.2.10