Legacy Tablo continually blinking blue light

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.
I’ve been communicating w Tablo support for 2 months and getting the same useless canned replies since November. In this thread I saw all the same symptoms that I was experiencing, as well as the same replies that Tablo “support” was sending to me. Having tried all of Tablo’s suggestions as well as a few of my own, I decided to try replacing the power cord. As luck would have it, I had a compatible one at home. IT WORKED! I plugged in and had to setup the device as if new since it had been disconnected for so long, but it’s working perfectly! Thank you all!

LatinMS - Can you tell me more about the blue light on your non-responsive Tablo? Was it blinking? If so, how frequently?

Hi. The blue light did it all - I kept the device completely connected the whole time it was not functional, in the hope that it would magically connect. Sometimes it blinked rapidly, sometimes slowly, sometimes it was solid blue. But despite whatever blink mode the light was in, it would not connect. I’m so pleased that such a simple fix (swapping out the power cord) resolved this months long issue.

I just created this account so I could chime in on this issue. Changing the power supply worked for me. After seeing this thread, I replaced the 12V/1A power supply that came with my Tablo with a 12V/2A one I purchased from Amazon (Chanzon AC/DC Adapter, Model 2ABL024F US). It has a 5.5mm OD barrel connector with 2.5mm ID (also suitable for 2.1mm ID). It seems pretty well built and doesn’t get warm at all. There are several to choose from at Amazon; I just chose one that was cheap and had good reviews. I can’t vouch for the reliability yet as I just got it.

My 2-tuner Tablo (original model, purchased refurbished in 2016) stopped working on or around 12/1/2023. It would not boot up and the blue light blinked continuously at about 1 blink per second. I have a USB powered 2TB hard drive and a USB powered antenna connected to the 2 x USB ports. When the Tablo was blinking I noticed that the USB HD was not on and the antenna amplifier light was blinking in sync with the Tablo light. So another symptom of this issue is that USB power is affected.

I exchanged many emails with Tablo Support and they did not once suggest it was a bad power supply, so I do not think they are aware of this solution.

I also thought it was an odd that mine suddenly failed on or about 12/1/2023, even more so now that I see others are having similar problems around the same time frame. My Tablo was working well for many years then suddenly “died”. Did my power supply decide to quit at that time, or was the issue triggered by a firmware update? My firmware is up to date at 2.2.42.

Thanks to the Tablo Community and this thread, I did not have to purchase a new Tablo, only a $10 power adapter. Hopefully this will help others with this issue as well. Good luck!

1 Like