Just installed a Tablo-2

Tablo recordings continue as scheduled even during the nightly guide update, and maintenance.
I set concurrent recordings from 10:00PM - 6:00AM, and they all recorded successfully.
The guide was even updated around the same time it usually does for me, which is 3AM - 4AM.

I called and had my Directv cancelled today ( 10-7-16) I been receiving fifty channels from Houston and Beaumont. Saving me 120.00 a month.

1 Like

I also have the 2 channel and rarely have I missed having an additional channel.
I think a simple formula would be one channel per each family member.

I loved my Tablo Dual for watching Live TV.
Being able to pause, RW, FF, and enable closed captioning was fantastic.

Recording exposed a problem.
Had to deal with more and more recording conflicts, and no tuners available for watching a nonrecording Live TV channel when 2 concurrent recordings occurred.

Gave the Tablo Dual to my mom, who just wants to watch Live TV.
Got a Tablo Quad for myself.
Love, love, love the extra tuners.
Ran into 1 recording conflict in 1 year.
heh

1 Like

I use to simply switch input to TV (splitter) in that situation. Now with Homeworx I’ve got an additional channel to work with. Hoorah!

You guys are gonna make me spend more money.
Stop it.

Sony - too big to care.

I removed Direct tv splitter and installed BAMF four way splinter and started losing channels,why?

If the Direct TV splitter was a 2 way split, then the 4 way might be the problem. I believe that you have a greater signal loss when you split it 4 ways as opposed to 2. BAMF 4 way splitter has a 7dB loss as opposed to 3.5 dB loss for a BAMF 2 way splitter.

Your 4 way splitter is causing you to lose 7 db signal strength per port. Apparently too much for your system to handle adequately.
If you can get by with 2 way it would be better. Otherwise you will need an amplified splitter. BANF makes one. Also Chanel Master and Winegard.
Lots of variables can affect OTA signal strength so be sure whatever you try is returnable. Good luck.

Thanks Jerry G, I will check one of those out

Well I took your advice and connected the Tablo to my Asus router with a Ethernet cable. I think that is where it will stay.

Jerry I bought a vineyard on a 200 and a lan 100 hope these work.

Lan 200 and lan 100 amplifiers

Well Jerry G I removed the directv four way splitter again, this time installed a channel master amplified four port. Channels from Houston and Beaumont are clear.

3 Likes

Nice to hear you’re up and running. Enjoy.

One thing people don’t appear to notice, the quad tuner model has double the ram onboard as well. 1GB vs 512MB.
While I have not tested the dual tuner, I am happy with mine.