IXQTV Streaming Service

I recently came across a streaming service that I had not heard of before, IXQTV. I had a hard time finding out channel lineup without signing up for it. Does anyone have any experience with it? Have any reviews been done on it, pros/cons? I’m always curious of what else is out there.

My take. This is an illegal service. While their frontpage makes the false claim that streaming IPTV is legal, you can’t just willy nilly rebroadcast somebody’s content at will (which is likely a huge portion of the IPTV streams they tap).

I’d beware.

2 Likes

There is a company called LoCast that streams local channels for free in certain markets. They are a non-profit and apparently the courts have decided that since they don’t make money off the service, it’s legal. I believe I remember hearing that it’s ok for them to recover costs, just not allowed to make a profit. I don’t know all the technical ins-and-outs of that but once the coursts found them to be operating within the law, they started adding markets.

Sadly, every day there are examples that P.T. Barnum was right.

I just looked at IXQTV. Too vague for my liking. If I was going to shell out $40 a month I’d give it to YouTube TV, or Fubo, … I think Hulu+Live and DirecTV Now are both more like $55 a month. But all of those streaming services have a form of cloud based DVR functionality built in.
I think I’ve got my antenna pretty well fine-tuned for now so between Tablo for locals and Philo for those cable channels we actually watched I think we’re set.

It’s pretty easy to do full (every channel) IPTV today. Just saying. If you don’t know how to do this, you just aren’t looking very hard :slight_smile: No cost (dollar wise).

Legal? No.

Taking a troll serious… signed up < 10minutes before they posted? :roll_eyes:

Hope you all enjoyed this hit-and-run, pot-shot presentation by IXQTV streaming service. Worse yet, it’s not even the service itself, it’s an “affiliate” (one of the zillions) “working” from home.

“affiliate” + “working” [from home] = pyramid

one (who profits) / zillion (who loose) = pyramid

or am I missing out on something

1 Like

Position at top of pyramid = priceless

2 Likes

What LoCast does is very different from other streaming services. They geofence the content so it can only be watched in the area where one could reasonably receive the content with an antenna. They are a “translation service”. The law says as long as they don’t profit and they only retransmit to end users in the broadcast market they don’t have to pay the content owners.

If I remember correctly some stations were planning to challenge them in court.

I’m not saying their affiliate program is legit but don’t be so harsh about affiliate marketing in general. It’s only a pyramid scheme when your primary source of income is from recruiting new affiliates. I know people who work from home currently and I did so myself for a while. Not in any pyramid scheme either. Telecommuting is becoming more common. Affiliate programs are great as long as it’s for a good product. Like Amazon for instance. They paid pretty well for new customers although I haven’t worked with them in years.

The way you state “the law” and what the law says are very very very different things. (I realize you’re just regurgitating what LoCast claims though).

Feel free to point out inaccuracies. I’m not a lawyer and I’m no expert in copywrite law. I put 17 usc 111 in my own words as I understand it. Clearly there is room for interpretation since I doubt anyone imagined something like LoCast when they wrote it.

One place I seem to have mispoke was about the geofencing. It’s not entirely clear if that is absolutely necessary although had they not implemented it I’m sure there would have been a bigger legal response.

EDIT: There are other stipulations in there as well but I’ll leave that to others to read. It’s pretty short.

Thanks for the replies. MY biggest concern with the service is if it is legal. If it is, it sure doesn’t seem like it should be.

1 Like

No, it wasn’t meant as a generalize statement, sorry! I picked out some key words from the previous post… referring to this specific topic. If a “service” has to explain why it’s legal - that should be more than a clue.

Of course, and there are legitimate network marketing programs beneficial to everyone involved. Sometimes not everything is always all bad all the time.