Out of the box it pretty much worked as advertised, then…
- I had to reboot my router. The Tablo did not automatically reconnect so I basically had to start over.
- Starting over didn’t work until I read on a forum I should unplug the USB hard drive.
- I was then able to reconnect but…
- when I reconnected the USB drive, Tablo forced me to reformat… wiping out earlier recordings
- The starting over process takes up a lot of time (minutes)
- When I tap Connect on the startup, my phone indicates WIFI disconnected. Why would Tablo be disconnecting my phones wifi connection?
I put all these experiences and questions to Tablo and their response was they’re correcting these minor issues.
Beyond all that, the channel lineup, while free or inexpensive is not very robust. I want to save $$$, but…
Are my experiences familiar to other Gen 4 users? Are any others having similar issues?