Issues with Chromecast

Woow. I don’t have any of those problems A_V_Expert. My tablo is working perfectly fine since I bought it. I’m using Apple TV, iPad, Iphones, Samsung’s tablet. The Tablo and Apple tv are wired to my router, the rest is wireless.

Sometimes being an X-purt can be a disadvantage!! :smiling_imp:

I guess for the great majority here enjoying the “worst DVR ever” ignorance is bliss

Well, self proclaimed expert basically speaks for itself.

1 Like

Don’t know why people are trashing the Chromecast. I have two 1st gens and they work fine with the Tablo. /shrug

1 Like

I think at this point he should sell his Tablo and move on … life is too short to be upset or “angry” over a “thing” … find another thing and try your luck with that… hopefully you will find a product that works for you and your lifestyle and home environment/setup. The beautiful thing about the world is we all have the freedom to choose …

2 Likes

John, you nailed it! You’re an IT GOD! How did you know my network was the problem? Was when:

I told you what my ISP and connection speeds are? Wait, I didn’t tell you that…

I told you the make, model and firmware version my wireless router are? No, I didn’t tell you that either…

I told you what Wi-Fi networks and what channels they are on? No I didn’t tell you that either…

I told you how many simultaneous wireless clients I have? No I didn’t tell you that either…

I told you the make, model and firmware version of my Ethernet switch? No I didn’t tell you that either…

I told the the length of the Ethernet cables, the proximity of all wireless clients to the nearest WAP? No I didn’t tell you that either…

What, John, was it exactly I told you that lead you to know that my network is bad???

theuser86,

I’m sure that your mobile devices are working just fine, that’s not my problem. My problem is just trying to get Tablo to work on one TV…

Can we please stop feeding the troll? He hasn’t added anything new or useful to this conversation in the 3 weeks since he started it. People tried to help and he has responded with whining and bitter confrontational posts. He is clearly just butt-hurt and by engaging him, you are giving him the attention he is looking for.

4 Likes

jvh4,

No one has really tried to help, or given any troubleshooting advice, only said that they love their Tablo, and have made disparaging comments against me (yourself included), Only Tablo could help, and they wanted to give up on the first try, and haven’t responded to my latest e-mail.

I’m not looking for attention, merely defending myself from all of you who haven’t read, or have forgotten, one of the basic community rules of not making disparaging comments at anyone.

TabloTV,

I sent you an e-mail early yesterday, but you haven’t responded. I thought you were in Canada, and wouldn’t be closed for the holiday. Did you not see an e-mail from me?

Yesterday was also a Canadian holiday. See the link: FYI - Tablo HQ Closed Monday, Feb 15

2 Likes

Just as you have not responded to the many helpful suggestions but continue to proclaim your expertise while doggedly ignoring the advice of others who have been there, done that. Enjoy your angst as we enjoy our rewarding Tablo experience. I believe many of us have now learned to ignore your insincere protestations. Move on.

Good advice for most but I truly believe he enjoys his angst and the attention he seeks.

You’ve nailed it!

It was Family Day yesterday in Canada. That is a holiday celebrating a collection of people who you may share genes with that may or may not like you.

2 Likes

An awful lot of things not to tell the community if you are actually looking for assistance… Maybe you could share and we could help.

2 Likes

Nah, let him squirm. Way more enjoyable

1 Like

Wow AV_Expert, all I can tell you is I bought mine back October, worked out a couple of minor glitches and the thing has been pretty much flawless. My one big regret is not buying the four tuner version.

2 Likes

I would like to bring up something that helped get rid of my buffering problem on recordings.
The little Tablo runs hot and when you put it on a shelf and set a hard drive on top the air flow is limited.
my unit did not shut down but it did buffer and stutter a lot. by removing it from the shelf and allowing airflow to cool the unit the buffering and stuttering went away. now it appears to be fast. Just another thing to try in the mix.
PS: Tablo help has always been responsive, Be sure to use them when you need help.

2 Likes