Intermittent TV Screen Blanking During Commercials

Anyone experiencing intermittent screen blanking during commercials? This only happens when the tv program cuts to a commercial, or when one commercials cuts to another, or during scene cuts during a commercial. The blanking is very short term, almost like a flicker.

I have a Tablo 4th Gen; connected with Ethernet cable to my Router/Gateway; am picking up 140 stations.

What device are you watching your Roku on?

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Our primary TV is a 49 inch Samsung model UN498000 using a Roku stick model 3820R2. This is the TV that briefly blanks / stutters when during commercials. This only happens during commercial breaks when using the Tablo 4 Gen to watch TV. The Samsung performs flawlessly in all other use case scenarios, whether watching other Roku channels, or watching TV using our Verizon FiOS set top box.

We also have an older 32 inch TV, a Samsung model UN32M5300 using a Roku stick model 3820X. It does not exhibit this behavior.

Both Roku sticks are using Roku OS 12.5.5. The Tablo is also updated with the latest firmware.

Sounds like a feature!!! hahahahahaha

Sounds like a win.

Switched out the Roku Streaming Stick 4K model 3820R2 with a Roku Ultra model 4670X. The Roku Ultra’s OS version was 12.5.0. Launched my Tablo 4Gen and went to Live TV. The problem with commercial transition blanking out was gone. Updated the Roku Ultra’s OS to version 12.5.5. Problem did not reappear.

So the one variable, Roku device, was the problem. Note, except for the Tablo issue, my set up worked perfectly fine using the Roku Streaming Stick 4K model 3820R2. So going forward I will be using the Roku Ultra 4670X.