Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

Your implication that free OTA is omnipotent. I suspect the phrase “free OTA” is s bit redundant. It’s often used as though - look what I’ve discovered! when it’s been around since like the 50’s (probably earlier, but I beleive that’s when it became common). It’s nothing new the “change” to digital is still an RF broadcast.

Many in rural America had been watching ever since, most have satellite, but there are still a lot of antenna towers in continuous use!

More Badge stuff… got this in my notifications :exclamation:

I’m unclear weather Aficionado is earned by visiting or was awarded because I visited X consecutive days – either it’s amazingly awesome or awesomely amazing!

Of course either direction is a celebration!! and I greatly appreciated :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

2 Likes

Congrats! :tada:

1 Like

It’s earned because you visited this site for 100 days in a row.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification :heavy_heart_exclamation:

It would be sweet if the next badge I got was awarded… just because of who I am :neutral_face: but if I earn another one - :cool: just the same.

What percentage of your Tablo viewing is recorded vs. live (OK - slightly delayed by trans-coding)

• 0% Recorded - 100% Live
  • 10% Recorded - 90% Live
  • 20% Recorded - 80% Live
  • 30% Recorded - 70% Live
  • 40% Recorded - 60% Live
  • 50% Recorded - 50% Live
  • 60% Recorded - 40% Live
  • 70% Recorded - 30% Live
  • 80% Recorded - 20% Live
  • 90% Recorded - 10% Live
  • 100% Recorded - 0% Live

0 voters

1 Like

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. — Charles Swindoll

2 Likes

who?

https://insight.org/about/chuck-swindoll

ok, try a OneBox with this…

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

LOL - It appears that @discobot (or Charles Swindoll) would vote 90% Recorded - 10% Live :rofl:

2 Likes

YES! I :eyes: the parallels with the %s. He must have used some robotic calculations to come up with an appropriate quote.

I usually want to know who the quote it from, why I ought to be concerned about what they have to say. Felt it was insightful enough didn’t even see what he was doing - you go Dbot!!!

. . . . . . . . :robot: image :robot: . . . . . . . . . .

@EveryOne, @AnyOne, @WhoCares

This NON-awarded Great Top Badge with 492 pointless likes… still ranks
Quarter|Percent
Number 1 for the Quater

Year|Percent

Number 4 for the year yet!! and it wasn’t even there for the first quarter!!

I received my anniversary badge for a 5th time earlier today. Wow…time flies when you are having fun . :grinning:

4 Likes

Woohoo, got my 4th. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is indeed a stupendous occasion!

Though it’s misleading. Anniversary Badge

This badge is granted

Carries the implications of an award! Congratulations! Being recognized for being you.
Then informs you…

You can earn this multiple times

So you have to actually earn this? Oh yea, pointless badges aren’t for showing off outside of this topic :laughing:

So I’ll also comment @snowcat for acquiring 16 badges :heavy_heart_exclamation: One of the 23 times :heavy_heart_exclamation: Can’t deny he’s helped users, with his trouble shooting tactic skills.

1 Like

Not too proud to admit, I earn them by existing.

2 Likes

Thanks, @djk44883. :slight_smile: It’s been a lot of fun helping out here, and so many of you do a terrific job helping out as well. I wouldn’t be on this forum for five years if I didn’t enjoy the company. :wink:

3 Likes

…and it should be mentioned - You are the best You there is! You are amazingly awesome as well as awesomely amazing at being You!

disclaimer

I have nothing to substantiate my statement. At this point, I have no reason to question it’s validity and deny intentionally misleading anyone. Again, Radojevic is the best at being themselves there is!

Sure, community. It’s a bit of knowledge vs wisdom perhaps. Sometime you almost need some tactical skill while trouble shooting with some users.

I struggle helping someone with “a computer issue” something is fundamental to me and advanced to others. (or so foreign to how someone showed them how to wrongly do something) Sometimes they just want it to work, others want to know what to do… without using the wrong names even it that what they want to call it.

1 Like