Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

:left_speech_bubble: Keep true to the dreams of thy youth. — Friedrich von Schiller

Try this Dbot…

:left_speech_bubble:
“What am I, a doctor or a moon shuttle conductor?” (TOS: “The Corbomite Maneuver”)
“My dear girl, I’m a doctor. When I peek, it is in the line of duty.” (TOS: “Shore Leave”)
“I don’t know, Jim. This is a big ship. I’m just a country doctor.” (TOS: “The Alternative Factor”)
“What do you mean what sort of work? I’m a doctor.” (TOS: “This Side of Paradise”)
“I’m a doctor, not a bricklayer.” (TOS: “The Devil in the Dark”)
“I’m a surgeon, not a psychiatrist.” (TOS: “The City on the Edge of Forever”)
“I’m not a scientist or a physicist, Mr. Spock…” (TOS: “Metamorphosis”)
“Look, I’m a doctor, not an escalator.” (TOS: “Friday’s Child”)
“I’m a doctor, not a mechanic.” (TOS: “The Doomsday Machine”)
“I’m a doctor, not an engineer.” (TOS: “Mirror, Mirror”)
“I’m not a magician, Spock, just an old country doctor.” (TOS: “The Deadly Years”)
“I will not peddle flesh! I’m a physician.” (TOS: “Return to Tomorrow”)
“I’m a doctor, not a coal miner.” (TOS: “The Empath”)
“I’m not a mechanic, Spock…” (TOS: “The Empath”)
— Dr. McCoy

source

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/I’m_a_doctor,_not_a…

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Reall? How do you find him an authoritative for quotateive advice?

OK - I notice odd things. Case in point:

ARTZ

1 Like

I know, right. What’s up with all that? Like what was suppose to happen?

They’ve mentioned they have technical background, and have called out “Why the drama?” before.

Now they’re worried their device may have Canadian English? Really? Like you couldn’t find model numbers as quickly and easily as someone else? Or know there’s a return policy if would be a real issue?

What catastrophic issue could result from connecting an alleged Canadian tablo to a US household?

You know what… They don’t even had a Certified Badge :scream:

LOL - I actually just noticed that the first letters of their names were ARTZ

1 Like

yea, that’s what I thought - it was ARTZful

So I guess I kinda went off in the wrong direction… but still :sob:

1 Like

How odd can you go word find

0 voters

1 Like

@bbaorbb I was checking the status of my Badges - no, of course I never got the elusive Great Topic. Seems I’m stuck at 11, then started randomly looking to see… you’ve got 10. Dude - I think you’ve missed the window for New User of the Month :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I thought it was more pointless, but only 31 users other than you have been awarded this badge.

User Of Past Month

1 Like

I know - The NUotM shipped has sailed :cry:

1 Like

The phrase feature parity come up from time to time - Search results for ‘feature parity’ - TabloTV Community. Do you ever have any concern with parity in other areas, if even feature parity

• Parity of a permutation
  • Interest rate parity
  • Parity of esteem
  • Pregnancy parity
  • Other parity

0 voters

• indicates whether a permutation has an even or odd number of inversions
  • in finance, the notion that the differential in interest rates between two countries is equal to the differential between the forward exchange rate and the spot exchange rate
  • valuing mental health equally with physical health
  • indicates the number of times a woman is or has been pregnant , regardless of the pregnancy outcome ie) twins
  • feature parity, schmeature parity | WTF? | parity this | I have parity, not mixing devices.

Do you setup and/or support Tablo installations? (check all that apply)

• For my own Tablo(s)
  • For my own antenna(s)
  • For my own network
  • For my own cabling
  • For family/friends Tablo(s)
  • For family/friends antenna(s)
  • For family/friends network
  • For family/friends cabling
  • Somebody helps me with my Tablo(s)
  • Somebody helps me with my antenna(s)
  • Somebody helps me with my network
  • Somebody helps me with my cabling

0 voters

1 Like

cabling? network cabling or antenna cabling? If I helped someone with their network and wire it up… with network cable and someone else helped them with their antenna and ran coax cable where necessary. Who checks the box for helping with cabling?

If another supposedly “helped” with family/friends antenna and messed it up… and I helped with tablo, but since antenna was screwed up, and tablo wasn’t working as a result - did I actually setup or support their tablo?

If the help I need most likely comes from a team of experts would I :heavy_check_mark: the 4 Somebody options to form a team?

There were too many “permutations” :wink: to get overly specific.

1 Like

…but seriously haven’t we all gotten help from Somebody picking up a tip from users/members of Tablo Community Forum.

I’ve gain insight/support to tablo’s function and operation for Somebody here.
Picked up a networking tip or lesson along the way… from Somebody.
Reading about other’s, aka Somebody’s, antenna experience inspired me to update and reroute my cabling. But overall it’s basically the same fundamentals.

If you participate, actively yet, in Tablo Community Forum you don’t stand alone, Somebody helps… only the cheese stands alone

Hi-ho, the derry-o…
The cheese stands alone

Still assembling the team of experts :crazy_face:

been a while…
@discobot quote
who you got today?

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade. — Leo F. Buscaglia

1 Like

I think you picked a winner Dbot! This fellow sounds like he loved the world and the people in it. Summing up this quote from his bio page

:left_speech_bubble: “What are we doing stuffing facts into people and forgetting that they are human beings?” — Leo F. Buscaglia

http://www.buscaglia.com/biography
sorry, no onebox :shrug:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.