Installing Tablo lite on terrace in a waterproof bag getting hot

It is on my garage roof. Anchored very securely. It was not going anywhere. The little black box under the bottom antenna was a very old Radio Shack amplifier. Was replaced with two 7’ long Televes long range antennas. The rest of the stuff on the mast is for my weather station.

Each antenna half collects through the supplied combiner then there was equal length cables running from each antenna to another combiner then into the amp.

1 Like

Here’s a photo of my setup using a chimney mount. Notice that the two sections are pointed in 2 directions.

This pre-amp is on sale. It is the one I am using. So far, it has served me well. Install was easy, right after the combiner.

An amp won’t make a bad quality signal good. It will only amplify a crappy signal so you have a STRONG crappy signal. If the ONLY issue is signal STRENGTH and not quality, then an amp works. If signal QUALITY is bad, and amp is not the answer.

You are correct. An amp will help if you have a weak clean signal fom a distant tower though. It also may help if the signal is split to feed multiple tuners.

The problem with attempting to help people with their antenna equipment choices is that there is no one setup that works well in every viewing area. Some folks can get by with an inexpensive patch antenna mounted behind the TV, others more distant from the broadcast towers may need an external antenna mounted high above ground level with a pre-amp.