"Install blocked" error

Installed Tablo app on Firestick.  FS connects and syncs with Tablo, recognizes existing recorded programs and live TV channels.  But when I try to watch live or play recorded, I get an “Install blocked” error.  The text says “For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps from unknown sources.”  Buttons are “Settings” and “Cancel”, but neither does anything other than loop back.  I installed and successfully used other apps on the FS, and I searched the Tablo and FS settings but didn’t find anything that looked relevant.  I even checked my phone’s settings.  Any ideas?

Hey @Regulus

We blogged about this when we launched the app: https://www.tablotv.com/blog/now-available-updated-roku-channel-and-apps-firetv/

When you load the app you may see the following error message: For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources. Don’t worry, this is because these apps use a third-party video player which we have confirmed is safe. To enable video playback you will need to make the following change from the main menu of your set-top-box unit: Settings -> System -> Developer Options, enable “Apps from Unknown”.

My bad.  Didn’t see it in the blog.  Thanks much.

No problem! :slight_smile:

I’m having some trouble here. I bought a fire tv from someone and turns out that my install from unknown sources is missing. Only thing there is ADB debugging. I

Didn’t mean to use the pic

@Brandy_Pollard That’s odd… Did you factory reset the device when you received it?