Ineligible for Commercial Skip

Commercial skip has really got the Judge Judy fans down. It’s one of the currently ineligible shows. Any way, this is the list of ineligible shows currently.

• [NETWORK] PBS
  • [NETWORK] TVO
  • [PROGRAM TYPE] News
  • [PROGRAM TYPE] Manual Recording
  • [SHOW] American Dad
  • [SHOW] South Park
  • [SHOW] Family Guy
  • [SHOW] The Cleveland Show
  • [SHOW] 20/20
  • [SHOW] 60 minutes
  • [SHOW] Judge Judy

Note the announcement post clearly calls out it is an open beta as others have said. You can easily not use it, it’s a toggle in the Settings screen in the appropriate apps.

1 Like

And Dr. Phil

How do you choose. I don’t see an option at least not in Tablo web interface.

It’s not on the web interface that I see, but it is on my Roku app…

Updated last night, commercial skip shows up on my Roku but there is no selection showing in settings on my Android tablet even though it shows that I am running the .26 update.

Probably because it’s not a:

I think only those devices can turn commercial skip on/off or skip commercials.

2 Likes

I think @zippy nailed it. Tablo has not updated every app to support commercial skip yet. If it’s not on the list then it isn’t supported yet.

1 Like

The Tablo folks didn’t want to confuse anyone, so you can only turn it on or off on the supported devices (though it is a global setting, so once it is on, it is on for all supported devices).

I’m not impressed. My Quad(older one) just updated to v2.2.26, and with all the hype, thought I’d try the commercial skip thing on mine. Well, the commercial skip option does not appear on my Quad. Tablo knows who has what(if they keep track of their sales and registrations) and should direct communications accordingly. I am annoyed to discover that MY Quad does not work like the NEW Quads they are promoting. I have software that I use to manually remove commercials from a TV show. It takes me about 5 minutes per episode. Seems I don’t need to get a new Quad and save some time and money.

1 Like

Your old OG 4 tuner supports com skip, my old OG 2 tuner which came out before the 4 tuner supports it.

Go to the Settings page on a device like the Roku to turn on com skip. You cannot enable it from devices like your phone or tablet (as these devices do not support com skip).

I am not impressed and annoyed people cannot learn to read before complaining.

“ Once you’ve received and installed the 2.2.26 updateon your Tablo DVR, Automatic Commercial Skip detection can be enabled and disabled globally via the settings screen and enjoyed on following Tablo apps:

Automatic Commercial Skip is not currently available on the original Tablo app for Amazon Fire TV or Android TV, Smart TVs, mobile devices, Xbox, or PC. All apps will continue to support Fast-Forward Previews.

3 Likes

This is one place Nuvyyo did a good job confusing people. The old 4 tuner is not a Tablo Quad. It’s just a Tablo 4 tuner. Only the new 4 tuner is marketed under the name Quad.

I have the old 4 tuner just like you and I assure you commercial skip does work. Keep in mind however it’s a beta. You should familiarize yourself with the details to get the most out of this feature. The guide is in the post above and it should help.

1 Like

Hello,
Well I must be missing something. Am enclosing a screen shot of my Tablo (4-tuner) setup screen where I should find an option for commercial skipping. I don’t see it using my Firefox browser.

Once you’ve received and installed the 2.2.26 updateon your Tablo DVR, Automatic Commercial Skip detection can be enabled and disabled globally via the settings screen

Pertinent snipet…
Automatic Commercial Skip detection can be enabled and disabled globally via the settings screen and enjoyed on following Tablo apps:

You can only activate and deactivate commercial skipping on your TV connected devices, so that setting won’t show up on your computer, phone, or tablet.

Thanks for that clarification. I have a roku stick, will see if I can implement this feature.

CCR

how many RTFM post are needed?? between here and the firmware topic… I lost count

Hi, just sort of figured how to use my 4 tuner Tablo. In the setup I selected the option for commercial skip. All the major programs I record have to be manually set due to “no guide information”. So my question is (does the auto skip, only skip major network channels and, only prime time. I just switched from Tivo to tablo because the only commercial skip tivo was Wheel of fortune. I have to record Wheel of Fortune manually due to guide having no info. Took me a year to get Tivo support to do what needed done for the guide information. I recorded three programs so far, first was on PBS, second was Wheel of Fortune, third the Carol Burnett show. I now know that PBS, and the manual recording doesn’t skip, and I’m guessing not prime time, or network also have no skip. So have I jumped from the frying pan into the fire? At least with Tivo I had skip on one program. Maybe sports are?

Have you touched base with support regarding this? (www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo)

We can usually get the right data added by placing a ticket with our guide provider.

Unfortunately, manual recordings are not eligible for Automatic Commercial Skip so we’ll have to tackle your guide problem first.