Incomplete recording

I just got Tablo few days back, i see that the schedule recordings for one of the channels are either failed or are incomplete. Incomplete in sense only first 10 mins of the show were recorded. 

I want to know does Tablo stop record and does not resume if the signal is disrupted in between? 

Say a plane going over the hear disrupts the signal for few seconds (5-10s), will Tablo resume once the signal strength is regain.

I suggest whenever there is error, having some information message will be help end user like me to correct the issue. 

If the Tablo reboots say due to a power outage, it will resume recording once it's booted up (this may take a minute or two).

If the signal is intermittent/low it usually doesn't stop recording, but your video is pixelated and unwatchable. If the signal is so low that say bad weather causes the signal to be missing then yes, the Tablo will not record.

Are you having signal problems with said channels were the recordings are missing?

When i go to Live TV on TabloTV and watch ABC (Channel - 08-01) it works fine, so i am thinking the signal strength is ok. 

But the recording are in complete or not recorded at all. (there are no conflicts for that time).

That does not make sense.

More info, my recording for ABC is set from 5:30pm to 6:00pm. I am typically away from home during that time. I am back at 8 pm and I can watch ABC on Tablo LiveTV without any issue. 

So is it possible signal become week during 5:30pm to 6:00pm period.

Yes that’s possible - how about you record something while you’re at home so you can see what’s going on?

Will do.

I would still recommend Tablo put informative error message when recording fails, so it easy for end user to understand the cause.

@Shrikant We agree! We’ve got failed recording messages implemented on the iPad now, but we intend to bring them to rest of the clients, and to make them a little more intuitive. 

I have also seen this happen occasionally where the recording suddenly quits after 5-10 minutes. It’s a software or hardware defect in Tablo. I have 2 other PVRs recording off the same antenna (Simple,TV and SageTV) and neither drops out during the same time period, only Tablo.