How to disable Record New on show that's not scheduled to air in next 14 days?

I have a show that is set to Record New (The Originals). But I’ve decided I don’t want to watch this show, and I want to disable recording this show. But, it’s not scheduled to air in the next 14 days. I have a couple episodes still recorded that I’m going to delete unseen, but I am not presented with the ability to alter the recording options of the show from the Recordings area, only every other area. I’ve also tried to Search for “Orig” but "No matches found."

I want to delete these episodes and not have to worry about when the show starts back up having it re-appear on my Tablo and possibly causing unnoticed conflicts. I’d like to take care of cleaning up my recordings while it’s on my mind to do it. I’ve attempted to find the ability to update the recording status of this show in the Web App, the Android app, and the Roku app, and all three apps appear to lack the ability to view just a list of what I have defined to record. I can only see what is actively scheduled to record in the next 14 days.

Is there a way to do this that I am simply missing? I know this feature exists on the old Comcast DVR. 

@alangerow, this is one of the weird inconsistencies between platforms.  Currently the only way to delete schedules of shows that either have no more episodes or won’t have episodes in the next two weeks is to use the iPad app.

@alangerow - Can you not see this show listed in the ‘scheduled’ screen in the web app? You should just be able to use the ‘REC NEW’ ‘REC ALL’ button at the top. Your ‘REC NEW’ button should be orange for that show. If you click it again, it will unschedule. 

@alangerow - Can you not see this show listed in the 'scheduled' screen in the web app? You should just be able to use the 'REC NEW' 'REC ALL' button at the top. Your 'REC NEW' button should be orange for that show. If you click it again, it will unschedule. 

@TabloTV - no, the show is NOT listed in the “Scheduled” screen in the Web App, because the show is not airing in the next two weeks. The Web App, the Android App, and the Roku app all only show the next two week of shows, and if a show is not showing in that time, it is not listed on the Scheduled screen AT ALL, regardless if I have a recording set for it.

Since the show does NOT appear in the Scheduled screen, I do NOT have the Rec buttons to click to unschedule the show. The Rec buttons do not show when viewing the show information from the “Recordings” screen either for some reason. The Scheduled screen only displays shows that have episodes airing in the next 14 days.

@TabloTV - I think the OP is saying the show isn’t in the Scheduled screen because it will not be aired in the next 14 days.  So no way to unschedule (unless using iPad app as pointed out by @snowcat).

@alangerow, this is one of the weird inconsistencies between platforms.  Currently the only way to delete schedules of shows that either have no more episodes or won't have episodes in the next two weeks is to use the iPad app.

So it’s obviously a feature they have solved, I wonder why they’re unable to bring this feature to the other platforms. It seems particularly interesting they’re unable to bring this feature to the Web App, considering they have 100% control over that platform. I’d figure that would be the most feature-rich version.

The iPad app was the very first client developed for the Tablo.  For whatever reasoning, the programming was changed on the Scheduled tab for the other apps so that it required a show to have episodes coming up in the next 14 days to be visible.

It has been brought up before, but no word on when this would be fixed.

Well that’s disappointing, as I don’t have an iPad, nor intend on purchasing one. Our household has several Android phones & tablets, Chromecasts, Rokus, and laptops.

I’m looking at the web app right now, I have Vikings listed in the scheduled recordings section. It has no showings in the next two week but the RecNew button is orange and I can click it off to remove the schedule.

On my iPad, I have 32 shows displayed in the Scheduled section.  Using any web app (Android or Chrome) or Roku, I see 13.  Those other 19 shows have no episodes in the next 2 weeks.

There is clearly different functionality between the iPad and everything else.

@alangerow - I consulted with our web app guru. He had done the work to include this in the web version but it was slowing down the system for some reason. It got put on the back burner while he made other improvements but is still on the to-do list. 

It really is our goal to have feature/functionality parity across all platforms but given the nature of the different devices/browsers etc. we sometimes get thrown curveballs. 

Very odd though that @luker is seeing different behavior.

@TabloTV I think I know why.  I deleted the show while the 4-5 minute long sync was happening.

So there appears to be a small window of opportunity when the webapp is not fully synced that shows without episodes are still listed. Then they disappear after the sync.  Very odd.

@luker - Aha, well that’s very interesting! Tx for the input! 

I personally like having only the “active” shows appearing on the Scheduled tab.  Each week i review everything that is scheduled to record to make sure that it is set to record on the right channel, that the record button is actually orange and to solve the conflicts.  It is a lot quicker to do if only the active shows are showing. 

Maybe having a way to switch on or off the display of those inactive shows could be something to look at.

@xirpinu - A ‘toggle’ like that would be pretty cool! Good suggestion. 

@alangerow - I consulted with our web app guru. He had done the work to include this in the web version but it was slowing down the system for some reason. It got put on the back burner while he made other improvements but is still on the to-do list. 

It really is our goal to have feature/functionality parity across all platforms but given the nature of the different devices/browsers etc. we sometimes get thrown curveballs. 

Very odd though that @luker is seeing different behavior.

I see. Thank you for the clarification & follow-up. 

If displaying the show in that particular location is a problem, then a simpler list somewhere else would be as (if not more) useful. As far as I’m concerned, it could even just be a list of show titles in the Settings tab under the heading “Scheduled Shows” that lists the title if it has Rec New or Rec All set, and the two button options so that I can change the record options or remove them entirely. 

I just need access to the buttons from somewhere if there are no shows in schedule for the next 2 weeks.

Even if I can get shell access to edit a text file or get database access to edit table rows, because the data has to exist somewhere. I just want to edit it without having to wait for a programming director to air an episode.