Home Assistant integration

It would be nice if we could get some information into home automation systems such as Home Assistant, OpenHAB, Domoticz, etc.

Such information could be storage free space, next recording, last recording, etc

1 Like

A little late to the party but I’m looking for the same type of thing. I would love to be able to interact with the Tablo through Home Assistant. I’m trying to work out a way to launch a recording of the news on my Roku TV with one click. I have a routine that will turn on the TV, open the Tablo app, and navigate to the first item on the recently recorded menu. Unfortunately sometimes the news isn’t the last thing recorded. I plan to combine it all with a light routine. It would also be nice to get some of the information you have mentioned.

I have some Python functions made up to get some information, such as list of local Tablo devices, most recent recording, HDD usage, etc. Working on making a Home Assistant integration for it but progress is slow.

1 Like

All this time and still nothing as far as I can see. I had hoped a more skilled coder would take up the mantle. lol I’m looking into what it would take to write my own add on. I would like to be able to see upcoming recordings which I accomplished pretty easily in python. It also looks like there is an entry for whether each recording will cause a conflict. I’ll try using that field against what’s scheduled. I’d love to see if interest has increased any or if I’m just doing this for myself.

Paging @iwik You still interested in this topic?

I am, I’ve been running with just my HDD capacity stats.
I’ve tried to setup the dev environment a few times and found everything quite difficult. I do hope to get back to it

1 Like

I can’t remember if I shared the code with you but I made a sensor to detect conflicts. More recently I have started messing around a little bit with the Tablo SDK in Python. Home Assistant add-ons don’t appear very difficult at all. The Add-on is basically a docker container with a web server.