Help, I've been "Lean backed"!

I actually don’t know what Lean Back is. I was redoing some settings, and saw the box, so I clicked it (web app, Chrome). The screen immediately went to Live TV grid, and back arrows don’t work. Restarted, and it still happens. Sooooo, I am stuck in Live TV grid, no way back. I don’t even get the Communicating page after the splash page.

The question then is: how do I get back to non-Lean Back. And BTW: what is it anyway???

Use your keyboard to navigate back to settings and uncheck the leanback option box.

Leanback allows a computer or any device running a compatible browser to function as a Tablo client.

Ta da!!! Thanks 7; I had no idea the direction keys would work that way. When I backed up I could roll down to the bottom with the mouse, so had to use the arrow keys to go down. Unchecked, and now all is well. Much grass…

Mike

Got to admit, I have been afraid to check that box because I was not really sure what it did but it has been like a giant red button begging me to push it. Now I can.

1 Like

You have more self control than I do. The first time I saw that box I clicked it without thinking twice about it (what can I say, I like living on the edge :wink: ). I’ll admit, I got a little nervous for a few seconds, but I soon figured out what was going on.

Yes, you can recover from it, but I don’t see what the upper is; would like to know.

Typical computer interface is a “lean in” experience (the position in which you sit when using a computer.) “Lean back” is sometimes called a 10 foot interface (the position you sit in when using a TV.)

Kinda funny; thanks Man.