Has anyone else noticed missing recordings?

I hope it is quick. Nothing is showing up on my “Recorded” screen even though I can see the shows being recorded. It’s a shame this is happening during the new TV season. Please fix it quickly!

The weird thing is, the CBS evening news that wasn’t recording seems to be recording again on mine. I can’t remember if I stopped scheduling it and then set a new schedule for it again, perhaps that fixed that show?

Ok, I’m glad I’m not crazy or the only one with this issue. I’ve only had my system less than a month. I’m still in the trial subscription. I think I might hold off paying my subscription until this is fixed. (hear that Tablo support I’ll give you 5 whole dollars if you fix :wink: )

Kidding aside, still trying to convince the family this is the way to go but not easy when we aren’t able to watch or favorite shows.

Is there a current work around? Any ETA on update\fix?

Last night “Criminal Minds” on CBS did not show up in the recordings. However, when I set the series, I originally put all episodes because that was the way I fixed all my other shows that I record. They all record. Then I was getting old episodes of “Criminal Minds” from ION and so I decided to change it to only new episodes. Last night it did not show up in the recordings until I hit record again on Live TV. Like I mentioned before, all my shows that I selected all episodes record and show up in the recordings.

Woo hoo!

But seriously, we do have a fix for this that is in beta testing now. As soon as the beta team gives it the thumbs up, we’ll roll it out.

It will extract all of the missing recordings from purgatory and also has some fixes for scheduling to make sure that if the guide data changes, the schedule will be maintained.

4 Likes

LOL!!!

Looking forward to the update! Thanks!

That will be great thanks !!

Thanks, in the meantime what people can try is to go and unschedule the shows not being recorded and then reschedule them all over again.

That seems to have reset whatever bug was holding up my recordings of CBS nightly news and evening news. After doing this they have been recording and show up again for me so far.
Those were the only 2 I noticed not recording. I hope this helps others.

Doni
:jack_o_lantern:

Thanks for this tip. I’m going to try this. I have lost half of my recordings. Big bummer!

1 Like

Okay, This might be important to help solve this issue.

So I was just watching the CBS evening news (the tablo was showing me all the back episodes from over a week once it started recording them again) so I quickly was skimming thru old episodes for interesting looking news ( I had gone thru about 3 episodes this way and was deleting each after picking and choosing what news pieces to hit play on).

All was going fine until, yup…you guessed it! The roku suddenly showed a blank screen and eventually rebooted on its own.
Something it hasn’t done in a long time. I figured no big deal I’ll just go back to watching the show after the reboot EXCEPT
there is no longer ANY CBS evening news folder showing up under recordings! Even though I was just watching them and about 6 undeleted episodes were showing up before the reboot.

The reboot must have corrupted some file Tablo needs to see the recorded shows. So it appears the shows not being recorded probably also got corrupted files possibly either from freeze up (reboots) or the last firmware update reboot.

I unscheduled the show, and then re-scheduled it (but the folder did not return). I am hoping however that after tomorrows broadcast (if it records it) that the file will be over written properly and all the old episodes will once again exist in the recorded folder. That’s my hope at least. I’ll see tomorrow evening.

Doni

Interesting keep us updated!

For the past two weeks, I’ve had two shows not record on Thursday night. They are the same two shows that don’t record on both weeks. These two shows were set to record the series from the last season and I just left them to record when this season started. I have not checked to see if they are on the hard drive (nor do I know how). All my other shows record fine and show up in the recordings list. The shows were listed in the upcoming episodes list and had the record icon on them to record but they just don’t show up on the recordings. How come it is consistently these two shows that don’t record? Fortunately, they are not on CBS so I can pull them from Hulu.

When do we expect the firmware update?

@mostlychris - I don’t have an ETA yet for when we’re pushing the next update, but if you want to recover these recordings we can give you the beta load. Just touch base with support and they’ll get you set up.

Can I get the beta load also? I have a whole mess of missing recordings.

Latest Update from my test:

So last night after an unexpected ROKU reboot, all episodes of CBS evening news were lost on both apps (the official and beta preview roku apps, even chrome on PC showed no available episodes).

Tonight after the 6:30pm broadcast on my Tablo Preview App (Beta) only the 1 latest episode showed up.
Then I went to the Official Tablo Roku App and to my surprise all the missing episodes showed back up! Wow.

So many variables for Tablo support to figure out between supporting 2 apps, multiple streaming player platforms etc…
Finding bugs can’t be easy for them!

Anyway, I hope this info does help them somehow.
Thanks
Doni

@TabloTV - I’m looking at the hard drive attached to my Tablo which has been experiencing this problem since the recording schedule has picked up with the new fall shows. The shows that I’ve asked to record are indeed there, but do not show up in any standard Tablo app or browser configuration. I can pull them off easily using ffmpeg with the "playlist.m3u8 " file. All that seems to be missing from a folder that’s gone AWOL is the meta.txt file. I’m curious to know if the fix you have actually restores these folders to a state that the Tablo application can see them again, or does it just automate what I’m already doing through ffmpeg? If you are just pulling off the stream, what are you doing with the orphan folder? I have been pulling my HD off Tablo every few days and deleting these folders manually. Will you offer a way to remove them as part of the fix? Otherwise, they will just continue to take up real estate that could be used for new recordings.

Thanks.

Yes the new 2.2.5 firmware which is currently in beta recovers these missing recordings from purgatory.

Either wait for the 2.2.5 official release or ask them to get the beta.