Hard Reset is not a hard reset?

IDK if it’s the Tablo or my new router (I’ve had some issues with it) but I had to re-connect it to my new Wi-Fi network and it was stalling out when I entered the network password.
Holding the button in the back was supposed to be a Factory reset but when I connected it with an ethernet cable it was in fact not, my recordings were still there.
So my question is there an actual way to do a real reset? I can move the unit and just use it wired but I would prefer to use it over Wi-Fi. I don’t want an antenna stuck on top of my computer desk. Tablo is on the latest firmware BTW.

If it’s a fresh factory reset - you may be inadvertently doing this - https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/213345486-Moving-your-recordings-to-a-new-Tablo

Do you power it up with the drive attached? When a “fresh” tablo powers up with a drive attached and finds a backed up DB, it will restore it… as though you’re moving your recordings from one device to another. Although a factory reset is not a trouble shooting step

WARNING:

A factory reset should not be attempted as a troubleshooting step and should only be done as a last resort by someone who knows what they’re doing.

Not to be rude, you may also not know what you’re doing.

because there’s no reason to have an antenna connected to reset it or or setup wifif networking.

Ok, so you’re going to do it any ways – try it without the drive connected.

I never said there was a drive connected? There isn’t a drive connected. If the bloody thing doesn’t work why would i try to add a drive on top of that?
I messed up, i just now saw there was a new Tivo that doesn’t require monthly subscription i should have bought that.

The drive references really don’t answer the initial question you have about switching from hard wired to Ethernet. This should help…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.