Guide not showing schedule listings for some channels

It has been nearly two months and the data for my local PBS channel is still missing. My extended trial of the guide is expired. I guess this means that I will never be able to program my Tablo to record PBS. Most of what I watch over the air is PBS.

WWW.TITANTV.COM more than likely will have it too, or you can create a fake channel using the information from another station (like I did when it took a couple of months). At least I had a guide to know what is on.

The message thread doesn’t mention the callsign of the station in question. The TVPassport link includes K41AE. The FCC database, linked from Wikipedia [1], describes K41AE as a Grand Junction, CO area translator (rebroadcaster of) for KRMA Denver, PSIP channel 6, with K41AE broadcasting on UHF channel 41 . Wikipedia also has KRMJ, Grand Junction, CO PSIP 18, UHF 18, as an affiliate of Rocky Mountain PBS in your area. See also KRMJ’s list of translators to see if any of the covered regions is a better choice for you.

Do you receive any programming or guide data on KRMJ channel 18? Is your guide data missing on Channel 6, KRMA?

Rocky Mountain PBS affiliates and translators
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_PBS

Thanks for the reply, Tom. The info you have about K41AE is correct.
My Tablo does not find channel 18 or channel 6 during its scan. I have tried multiple times. Since it does not find those channels, they do not appear in the guide.

John

Call me surprised. I expected K41AE to show PSIP 6 as a KRMA translator. Curious, for all tuners you have access to, what physical and PSIP channels do they show paired with K41AE? e.g. Tablo, Samsung. There were a bunch of KRMJ translators listed in the previously linked Wikipedia page. Are you able to receive any of those on any available tuner?

I should mention, I’m not a Tablo owner. Been considering one for a while and have heard good things from other consumers.

@jrhodes973 Our guide data provider hasn’t been able to locate the translator sending you this signal, which is what’s causing the delay. We’ve extended your trial (and will continue to) until this gets fixed. Is there any chance you can PM me a screenshot/photo of the missing guide data in the live TV screen? This should help us move things along.

Thanks for extending the trial. The Tablo is almost unusable without it. I couldn’t make it record yesterday after the trial expired.

Here is a screen shot of the live TV screen.

My Tablo does not seem to receive Channel 18-1 but the programming is the same on 41-1. See https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings and use my zipcode 81504. If your guide data provider could use the data from Channel 18-1 as the data for 41-1, the problem should be solved.

I don’t know why my Tablo does not receive 18-1 but if it did, I would use that and the problem would also be solved.

I’ve learned from experience that the Tablo guide provider will NOT simply use another station. YOU CAN do that on www.titantv.com and then do manual recordings. Last year I wanted guide data for a birthday present after waiting awhile, and somehow it happened.

I have found a work-around for the missing guide data. I climbed up on the roof and pointed my antenna west instead of east. I got a new set of channels and PBS was one of them.

1 Like

My guide won’t show all the Minneapolis Minnesota info for channels 19.1 through 19.5 all 5 channels. So I can’t record anything if I don’t know what is going to be on.

My zip code 55391

Thanks

I opened a ticket for the Minneapolis 19.x channels a few months back and Tablo support responded that they contacted the local station several times and could never get a reply.

Last night my tablo said my internal storage card needs to be formated. I followed the prompt and now it says no storage available. How do I fix it?

Internal storage? Which Tablo model do you have? If it’s one with an internal hard drive, what is the make and model of the hard drive?

If rebooting the Tablo doesn’t resolve the issue, (and assuming you’re using a Tablo Quad 1TB), try briefly removing the drive, and then reinserting it. Don’t hesitate to send our support team a ticket if this doesn’t resolve the issue.

Tablo Quad with a 1T hard drive

Has rebooting helped resolve the issue? If not, don’t hesitate to contact our team.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.