Guide Data Missing WFAA-HD

ZIP code 75401 (Dallas Station)
Guide Data is non existent for channel 8-8 WFAA-HD

Submit a support ticket with that info.

I’m not sure 8-8 is a permanent addition. It’s a 720p version currently showing the same content as 1080i 8-1 (at least this evening). It’s being broadcast on RF channel 30, whereas 8-1 through 8-4 are being broadcast of RF channel 8.

I don’t know. I know i can receive 8-8 but non of the other 8-X channels.

It looks like in September it started distributing WFAA. (ABC)

If you’re getting 8-8 (broadcast on UHF 29) but not 8-1 through 8-4 (broadcast on VHF 8) then it’s likely due to your antenna not picking up VHF well from the Cedar Hill towers but getting UHF channels ok. An effective VHF antenna is relatively larger and the Metroplex is a big region so you may well be a long distance from the tower. The good news is that it gives you an alternate way to pick up ABC, so if KMPX is going to keep simulcasting it, go ahead with the ticket to Tablo support to get the 8-1 ABC content added for 8-8 and enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Your spot on StuTomato. I am about 80 miles out of DFW. My antenna picks up the UHF stuff just fine but never could pick up VHF channel 8. I hope they choose to continue the recast of 8 onto UHF. I know the guide data exists because my TV picks it up just not my Tablo. I will turn in a ticket. Thanks

And what would be on 8-1 thru 8-4 if Estrella purchase the WFAA license.

On September 25, 2020, it was announced that Tegna Inc. (owner of ABC affiliate WFAA, channel 8) would acquire KMPX for $19 million, pending FCC approval.[2] The deal includes a five-year affiliation agreement between Estrella and Tegna, as well as an option for Estrella to purchase WFAA’s VHF license.[4]

The way I read it is Tegna aquired Estrella’s KMPX Channel