Green flashing when playing from phone

Quick before he builds the wall :door:

Over a 100 messages on this thread.
Yes, there is a difference in processors and it appears the international one is better (and better for Tablo too)

Is it time to call Samsung again and let them know the problem is only on the US S7 family of phones?

1 Like

Chatted with Samsung. They don’t loan phones. Chat with T-mobile said if verified problem on phone, maybe. Going to T-mobile now to show flashing green and work around.i have the toll free number to call support if T-mobile wants to call and see about loaning phone

Bad news :persevere:
Tmobile only loans phones to customers. Guess the next option is for @TabloSupport to come to the US and buy one. What state is closest to HQ and the nearest US Best Buy?

T-mobile themselves have seen it and work around.

@TabloSupport: Was the firmware on that phone up-to-date?
If it was not, then you wouldn’t have seen the problem regardless of whether it was a US or International version.
The issue only happens with the last two firmware updates.

Also, can you confirm whether your phone has an Exynos or Snapdragon SOC?

@TabloSupport please install this on your S7

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark

OR Cpu-z

Hopefully between the two CPU-Z images you get info that is helpful to the developers. Click on the image to see the whole thing.

@TabloSupport Please see http://www.pcnexus.net/2016/03/how-to-install-flash-player-on-samsung-galaxy-s7.html

It describes changes Samsung made to S7. They changed the flash player. Perhaps other apps use another flash library in their apps than the one you use.

Happy 2 month anniversary since the flashing green was first reported
back on April 6
today is June 6. The only differences are we now know ALL US Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge phones are affected and the International versions are NOT due to Samsung using a different processor.

I think we don’t know for sure whether it was processor related. It could very well be a result of them not having the latest update yet.

They haven’t posted since they said they got phone. Hopefully @TabloSupport post something today or tomorrow and not a long silence period again.

Tomorrow makes TWO MONTHS since I posted the work around. I seriously doubt it will be fixed by my birthday. Hope long before Christmas but with lack of progress updates, there is no telling.

For now, unless something happens I’ll just post on the 16th of the month to bump it back to the top.

@TabloSupport, what is the latest update with this issue?
Has any progress been made or us the AppleTV project keeping everyone busy?
I’m starting to wonder if the Tablo Android app is still going to be supported or if Tablo is going to move to AppleTV only.
How long ago was the Android app updated?

I was just now reading the Tablo app reviews on the Android Play store.
It looks like the HTC 10 has the exact same problem as the Galaxy S7 line.

I just posted this review to the play store from a browser:

For all of you S7 and S7 EDGE users with the flashing green a work around has been posted by me at http://community.tablotv.com which is simple. Step 1 is to install developer options. Step 2 is go to developer options and look for “Turn off hardware overlays” and turn on. Note that this will need to be done everytime you restart your phone. It’s been over 2 months since I posted the work around. Samsung did something that breaks only the Tablo apk and only on US Phones. Nuvyyo Inc. got a S7 to test it, but being in Canada, they got the international version, which has a different processor and no problem. Besides that problem, Tablo is awesome. I’ve had it over a year.

I opened a support ticket and mentioned Flashing green made it to the app reviews. And I quoted one of the reviews. Hopefully @TabloTV will give at least a biweekly update. Their MIA also made it in some of reviews.

Will this thread make it to 200 post or more before it’s fixed?

Well @beastman , you certainly seem to reply and post a lot more than paid Nuvyyo employees; you must have a lot of free time on your hands. They should make it official and hire you.
At this point you’ve repeatedly called attention to the work around. Whomever wants to use it will find it in so many of your posts and apply it to his or her phone.

That aside, a work around is not a fix. The Tablo Android app is defective since it is the only one that broke after the Samsung (and apparently also HTC) update.
@TabloTV, @TabloSupport need to indicate whether they are actively working on fixing the bug or otherwise if they are abandoning Android in favor of other platforms such as AppleTV. At this point the small amount of communication as well as their apparent inability to find a way to debug and test a fix is starting to look like lack of interest.

@PowerOfCheese, The Tablo app for Android phones work perfectly for 99% of the phones out there. I don’t see where Tablo is at fault.

1 Like

@snowcat Why is Tablo THE ONLY video app with the problem? Perhaps the used an older library than other apps use. Follow the link I posted about how Samsung changed flash on S7.

My point is that the Tablo folks are far from abandoning Android as the one user suggested. This is an issue with a particular version of a certain phone (though a popular phone), and not an issue with the other 99% of Android phones on the market.

There might be something the Tablo folks can do, but since it affects only a smart percentage of the user base (and there is a workaround), it likely has less priority.

3 Likes