Google chrome update breaks Tablo Live TV and Recordings playback with 2.2.8

Like some others on the forum I noticed earlier today that I couldn’t play recordings or watch Live TV on my PC (Windows 10) using Google Chrome (47.0.2526.73 m) accessing my.tablotv.com. My Android Tablet and Roku 2 (2015) still worked.

Tonight I tried a different PC (also Windows 10) and it played back no problem. That is until I had a hunch and checked the version of Chrome. This PC had an older version of Chrome (46.0.2490.86 m). Of course as soon as I checked it in Chrome the update was triggered and it upgraded to the more current version. As soon as this happened I could no longer watch recordings or Live TV.

Switching to beta.tablotv.com works and allows playback but I’d rather use the Production version instead of the beta.

I don’t know how long I had the newer version of Chrome so can’t say if it worked under 2.2.6 but it definitely breaks
something with 2.2.8.

I have opened a ticket to report this to Tablo Support so will see what they say.

I’m on 47.0.2526.73 m - this must be the new version and it’s not working. Good catch! And FWIW, I’m still on 2.2.2 with the problem so not necessarily Tablo firmware related.

Hey guys, as mentioned I opened a ticket with Tablo Support and they have acknowledged that it is an issue with the Chrome update.

Here is their response:

“We have identified this issue with the Chrome update, and are working diligently to solve this issue now.
In the meantime, feel free to use http://beta.tablotv.com as an alternative.”

Hey folks - We’ve pushed a hotfix to my.tablotv.com. Hit refresh on your browser and give it another shot.

Great, just tried it and it works!

Thanks!

1 Like

A-Ok here too! Thanks!

Not working for me. I just upgraded to that new version of Chrome on my Windows 10 PC, and now I get nothing when I try to open my Tablo. The beta site does work for me.

Works for me on Mac

@snowcat - Just to confirm, did you hit refresh before trying?

Yes. I have even rebooted my PC and cleared my cache.

Works for me.

@snowcat - Tx for the detail. I’ll pass this along to the team.

Thanks. This was a brand new PC that I just built, but I also tried it on an older Win 10 PC, and it did the exact same thing after upgrading Chrome.

@snowcat - What happens if you wait a minute… Our dev says the white screen will disappear after a few seconds.

I can see the mouse pointer spinning for a couple of seconds, like it is doing something. But then it just loads a blank screen.

Now it is working using Reload (not refresh).

1 Like