General misbehavior - Multiple instances

Thanks for responding:

(1) Are you using the Fire TV box or stick? (2) Which generation of the device are you using?
Answer:
(1) Fire TV (NOT Stick).
(2) I am assuming Gen2. The Fire TV was purchased directly from Amazon approximately June 2016. Please tell me how I can confirm what generation this is.

When you say home button, I assume you mean the one circled in red?
Answer: Yes, the HOME button is what you circled in red.

When you say, “Exiting from the Tablo screen exits the existing Tablo session…” (1) What process are you using to exit? (2) What are you doing in the Tablo app at the time?
Answer:
(1) To exit, I press the “back” button on the remote until Tablo prompts with the exit confirmation splash screen “Do you want to EXIT” (wording may not be exact)
(2) I have experienced this behavior pressing HOME while watching a recording or watching Live TV.

I am happy to record a video session if you would like. Just tell me where to upload the video. If you tell me where to get the version number, I can include that screen (plus anything else you need).

I appreciate your attention to this.

Brian (aka MyCablelesslife)

@Mycablelesslife - Thanks for the details!

Given your purchase date it should be a 2nd gen. If it has voice search it most definitely is.

With this info we were able to reproduce and are working to get this fixed for an upcoming release.

1 Like

Woohoo!!! Thanks, I am glad to see this. I could imagine that many “weird” problems from users may be resolved by this. What I mean is that the issue apparently causes multiple instances of Tablo to run concurrently. If my theory is correct, users continually (unknowingly) adding more instances of Tablo because they exit using the HOME button would eventually consume all memory and lead to unpredictable behaviors that are near impossible to troubleshoot. Hope this fix reduces your number of outstanding issues (you can tell I have a tech support background!)…

Have a great day!

MyCablelesslife

Careful there @TabloTV: The FireTV boxes (not sticks) always had voice search even going back to Gen 1. The sticks didn’t have it until Gen 2.

@ddd671 You are indeed correct. Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of everyone else’s features on top of our own :stuck_out_tongue:

Great to see you guys working on a fix…I thought I was crazy but I see this behavior happening on quite a few android apps as well…so definitely not foreign.
I have been using Tablo now for 3 weeks and my wife is coming around and beginning to use it more and more.
She still complains a bit, but it is a learning curve that she just has to adjust with while we save money.

Have a good one!