FYI - Android App update includes compatibility for tablets running Android 4.1

@TabloTV - Any chance of the Android app ever working on Smartphones?  Is there a reason why you’re restricting the App to 7"+ screens?

Amazon FireTV is something we’re definitely interested in looking at more closely. Stay tuned on that end.

@cptskippy - As for Android smartphones, you can currently use the web-based app on that platform but we’ll be taking a closer look at native apps in the future.

The reason why we currently restrict the screen size is that the app was designed for a tablet and it may lose functionality on smaller screens (ie buttons wouldn’t be visible etc.)

It is interesting that this is driven solely on resolution - I have a 3rd party tablet that has a horrible resolution, and I can’t get it installed. On my Note 2 that is running at a high resolution it installs and runs just fine.

@mtuckman - I think it has to do with DPI and not resolution.  My Tablet is 1024x768, but my smartphone is 1280x768.  I sideloaded the app on my smartphone and it runs fine but the UI elements are disproportional.

I have a Nexus 5, and was thinking about trying to sideload Tablo on it, but I don’t know where I can get the newest APK of it (is there anywhere?)

Thanks!