Flickering/split screen issue

I have had the same problem with CBS in Cottonwood, AZ, which is received from a translator on Mingus Mountain which also services Prescott/ PV. I got a split screen, I got the “Unable to access storage” message, and I got a recording of NCIS New Orleans which was split up into sixteen different pieces. Very weird. I was wondering if I needed to re-format my HDD, but I will monitor this page to see if CBS is messing with Tablo. I’m a little “ticked” with CBS and how all content is now only accessible OTA, by a service provider (cable/ satellite), or CBS All-Access. It is possible they might be “futzing” with Tablo using embedded code in their broadcast digital stream, I guess?

Same issue with Phoenix channel 5, and now my Tablo doesn’t work at all… Awaiting a response from Tablo after requesting help over the weekend.

1 Like

Same issue. I’m in Gilbert, Arizona. I spoke to a Tablo Support Guru this morning and he said KPHO Channel 5.1 changed something with the way they are broadcasting their signal over the weekend. If you use the antenna straight to the TV, no problem. But since the Tablo has to transcode everything to send it over your home network, the changes made by KPHO are affecting the Tablo’s ability to transcode it properly. Tablo support tells me they are working on it, as is KPHO, but it could be up to a week to see a fix. Great timing…there are a ton of premieres airing this week!

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Yes, bad timing indeed. However, I do like how Tablo has dived in to try and get a solution figured out.

I’m in Tempe and have the same problem. Need a fix fast!! Help. New season starts today. OK on straight antenna.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I am in Glendale, AZ and this is happening on regular shows also. Did CBS figure out a way to block OTA over the Tablo System?

1 Like

Still happening tonight, though not quite as severe (still not enjoyable to watch). There goes tonights premieres. Guess I’ll have to do a free trial of All Access and hope it’s fixed before the week runs out.

I couldn’t figure why my TV was fine (directly to an antenna) but Tablo was scrambled. Thanks to troregan for mentioning the transcoding, at least that is one possible explanation.

Just as a FYI, yesterday when all this was going on I was also having connection problems with my primary tablo (I have 2 and one was having issues with connection, while the other was just have the CBS issue). Someone suggested it might be a poor signal or a network issue. Cross those off, the signal is strong (actually CBS is my strongest signal received) and my network was capable of streaming 4k video from Amazon, so I don’t think bandwidth was an issue.

Connection issues are gone as of today, just thought I’d mention it.

2 Likes

Is this occurance only in the Phoenix area?

It seems to be specific to this one local CBS affiliate in Phoenix.

Have same problem here in Sun Lakes/Chandler. FYI - Iphone “Live TV” displays a frozen screen shot of CBS 5 broadcast, then Tablo crashes/disconnects.

All other Iphone “Live TV” channels work OK.

It’s happening here in Mesa, AZ too Channel 5 (CBS) only. The local news is currently (6:59 am) on and CBS This Morning starts soon. It is happening right now and appears to be every show on Channel 5. Very annoying

UPDATE: I changed the LIVE video quality from the recommended setting of 5 mbps to 3 mbps and it seems to have fixed the issue!?! Coincidence?

WELL, it was doing Great, now it’s back!

1 Like

Well that’s even weirder.

What streaming quality is everyone else using here?

I’m using 5 mbps. I just tried 3 mbps for Live video but still have the flickering.

It just started back up again!

Our video expert is going to take a look at this shortly. Hopefully we’ll be able to figure out what wrong switch they’ve flipped over there in Phoenix and get this patched up for everyone.

Thanks for your patience guys!

1 Like

I’ve switched to several mbps settings, same result. Still happening today. Can’t you just contact CBS Phoenix and ask them what they did?

Tablo responded before your post, I guess you didn’t see it.

I’m trying to diagnose a problem with recording 4 shows at once causing the Quad to reboot. I’m testing right now without CBS (Phoenix) in the list of shows and so far so good.

I’ve seen the issue with interlaced green lines on the picture and split screen that jumps around.

Is this some kind of new Macro vision?

It’s happening to me as well near Phoenix North Mountain only 10 miles from signal. It was strong signal before, now does same split screen thing. Only CBS 5. I’m not sure if it’s coincidence that it looked good for a bit because it seemed to correct itself for maybe a minute or two earlier. But after about a minute, it went back to split screen. I did not mess with any setting other than re-scanned the channels once before I figured out what was happening from this forum.

1 Like

They are working to correct the problem.