Five star, no signal?

I’ve been trying to get better reception, today I raised the antenna 2ft and played around getting (according to the Tablo App) good signal strength, thought I had it. Every station, with the exception of the 2 VHF stations, registered 5 stars (the VHF’s came in at 3).

Went to watch one of the (historically) weaker stations, worked great for about 20 minutes then it started to freeze up, then came up with the “signal too weak” messages. I rescanned the Tablo and it still came up with 5 stars.

Five stars and the signal is too weak? How can it be both?

@tecumsa The Tablo’s dots represent signal strength. Unfortunately they don’t tell you if the signal is now too strong, or if there’s now interference causing errors in the broadcast stream.

They’re also not dynamic, so if you haven’t done a fresh channel scan and hit add to guide, give that a shot first.

If you have, drop a note to support or give them a ring and they can take a closer look at the detailed data for this channel: www.tablotv.com/support/#contact

They’re also not dynamic, so if you haven’t done a fresh channel scan and hit add to guide, give that a shot first.

That’s what I had said above, as soon as I go the “weak signal” message I did a scan, still came back with 5 dots. I have dropped them a note, not enough free time to make an actual call, probably Friday if I can’t figure something out by then.

Ah sorry - I missed that. Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet :slight_smile:

A note is just fine… They can access your Tablo remotely while you’re busy doing other things.

As TabloTV noted, it could be that the signal is too strong. I had to remove the amplifier I had on my antenna feed in order to get solid reception.

I’m fortunate to have an older DTV that provides numerical readouts of signal strength. I hooked that to my antenna feed to determine my problem. The stations that worked fine were in the 60-70 range, while the one that broke up was over 80. Removing the amp dropped the strong one to about 75, while the others only dropped a couple of points. Of course, numbers would be different on a different model of TV. My point is just that digital tuners are very sensitive to overload, which analog tuners weren’t.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.